Style > Beauty

How I get my eyelashes from drab to fab with 5 simple products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Since I was younger, my eyelashes have been straight down and extremely long. Before I discovered the power of mascara and an eyelash curler, my eyes looked dead. Since high school, mascara has been the one makeup product I have lived by since it makes the most significant difference on my face next to my eyebrows. After multiple years of trial and error, I finally found the 5 products that make my eyelashes look like falsies. The work might seem tedious for others, but the results are real.

Eyelash Curler that Matches My Eye Shape

For me, only some generic eyelash curlers worked. I needed something that worked with my eye shape. So I invested in a 30-dollar eyelash curler that comfortably fit my eye shape and grabbed every eyelash. With the eyelash curler, I start curling from the tip of my eyelashes and work my way down so I have a slight curl on the ends.

Black Waterproof Eyeliner

When it comes to waterproof eyeliner, I recommend getting a perfect one that does not run onto your bottom lashes. The black eyeliner on the water line of your top lashes adds dimension to your lashes that makes the eyelashes seem fuller once fully curled.

EyeLash SEPARATOR Comb

When I apply my mascara, I must get it at the roof of my eyelashes and let it dry. However, the mascara sometimes clumps up, making my eyelashes seem stuck. A simple comb separating those lashes will make a huge difference and get those pesky lashes to look the way you want.

Mascara of Choice

Everyone has that one mascara that works for them, so I go with what is usually trending. I change my mascaras all the time, so there is not a single one that I consider to be unique because most cause raccoon eyes which I hate, and make me look like I haven’t slept in days.

Micellar Water

The most important thing to getting good eyelashes is always to have micellar water. Sometimes the perfect application can be messy, so having something that could clean up the eye area without ruining the whole look is perfect. I use Garnier waterproof micellar water and mix some oil to remove the most stubborn makeup.

Hi, y'all!!! I am Paola Hernandez I am a Junior at UT - Austin studying Public Relations.