“Hot Girl Summer” Tracks You Need to Add to Your Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Alright girls, summer is steadily approaching and I don’t know about y’all, but I need to freshen up my playlists ASAP. I figure everyone is going for the “hot girl summer” vibe and I wanted to suggest some songs that I will definitely be adding to my playlists to help me live this fantasy all summer long. Warning- some of these songs contain some vulgar lyrics that some might find offensive, so select songs that you are comfortable listening to!

1. “What’s New”- Megan Thee Stallion

What is a “hot girl summer” playlist without Megan Thee Stallion? This is a personal favorite that always makes me feel like I could literally take on the world.

2. “Conceited”- Remy Ma

This one is for when I want to feel like the hottest girl in the room. Nothing is wrong with being conceited.

3. “Maneater”- Nelly Furtado

A little bit of a throwback, but honestly this song is iconic. I like to play this literally any time I am walking somewhere so I can pretend I’m in a music video.

4. “About Damn Time”- Lizzo

This song just dropped and I am already obsessed. It is upbeat and if I heard this in the club, I fear I would literally go feral for it.

Ameera Ozzie is currently a senior attending the University of Texas at Austin. She is a Public Relations major who enjoys learning about all things social media-related and keeping up with entertainment news. With dreams and aspirations of working with high-fashion companies on their Public Relations teams, Ameera hopes to make an impact on the world no matter what she is doing.