Gage Robinson, 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Charming, funny, and oh-so talented, Gage Robinson is definitely someone you’d want to get to know a little better.  Having performed in several shows at UT, the sophomore is quickly making a name for himself in the BFA Actor Training Program.  Here’s what Gage had to say about himself:

Name: Gage RobinsonMajor: BFA ActingYear: SophomoreHometown: Garland, TX

Her Campus Texas: How did you get started in theatre?

Gage Robinson: I got into theatre my sophomore year of high school because the girl I had a crush on wanted me to audition for the school musical.  Once I did it, I fell in love with it.

HCTX: What’s your dream role?

GR:  My dream role would definitely be Billy Flynn in Chicago.

HCTX: What’s your favorite thing about going to UT?

GR: My favorite thing about going to UT is meeting new people and the fact that there’s always something happening.

HCTX: Describe your dream date.

GR: My dream date would start off with a nice wine tasting, followed by a concert of some sort.  Then a nice, sit-down dinner (candle lit, of course), finished with a bowl of ice cream in bed while watching some Netflix.

HCTX: What kind of music are you listening to right now?

GR: Right now, I’m listening to Vampire Weekend, specifically the album Contra.  I like them because their lyrics are genius and they make really good music.  I just like the way they sound!

HCTX: Any upcoming productions we’ll be able to see you in?

GR: I was recently cast as “Judah” in Enter a Woman Pretty Enough, which will go up in March.

HCTX: Best tip for surviving finals week?

GR: My best tip is to remember to still have fun.  Study hard, play hard.

HCTX: What are your plans for the holidays?

GR: I’m going home, seeing my family, and then heading to Florida for three weeks! 

I am Corisa but a lot of my friends call me Cori! I feel like the real life Hannah Horvath from Girls.