Four Ways To Relax

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

With finals just around the corner, it’s hard not to feel a little stressed out. On top of finals, there’s that presentation due next week and all those papers that are waiting to be done. Where do you find time to even breathe in the midst of all the jumbled reminders in your head and planner? Step away from the PCL and your apartment for a few minutes, collegiettes. Too much stress and studying can literally wear you out and cause you to become a little less you and a little more like the stand-offish girl who doesn’t want to share any of her pencils on test day. It’s time to relax before you hit the books.

Walking
Austin is a beautiful city and UT is a beautiful campus. We tend to forget the squirrels running around and the trees offering us shade on these hot Texas
days when our minds are constantly hitting the books. Walk around and enjoy the scenery. Breathe the fresh air and just feel thankful to be alive and to be where you are now. Once you appreciate where you are and who you are, you’ll see how beautiful the world is. Also, walking is such a great way to exercise! How can you deny a nice stroll on Lady Bird Lake, Zilker Park or even the campus? Yes! Invite your friends and make it a bonding experience. Either way, it will take your mind off all those tests and will open it to endless possibilities.

Yoga
Yoga can help you physically, mentally and spiritually. After a good yoga session, you’ll feel more refreshed than you came before. I’d recommend Black Swan Yoga: they have different types of yoga, great instructors and it’s all donation based. Focusing on breathing and balancing with every position, you will be rejuvenated to start doing more studying.

Bubble Bath
Who can deny a hot bubble bath? But why stop with bubbles? Go all out, you deserve it! Light up some candles, turn on your favorite playlist and relax. This is also the perfect time to do some reading; not reading for school but the book all your friends are raving about.

Get With Your Girlfriends
You don’t have to be alone to relax. Laughing and being with a group of your favorite girlfriends can be just as relaxing as reading a book. Make it a movie night or go out for dinner. Your friends will get your mind off of all your worries and you will without a doubt, have a good time.

Once you feel all fresh and relaxed, get back to studying! You can do it, just a few more weeks! Good luck on finals, collegiettes!

Photos:
Mira Milla is a junior majoring in Journalism at the University of Texas and is currently interning at 'The Society Diaries'. 
Kenyatta Giddings is a double major in Broadcast Journalism and Radio-Television-Film at the University of Texas at Austin. She's a former toddler in a tiara from Dallas, Texas and enjoys recording voiceovers for Radio Disney, writing for various publications, and contributing her production and on-camera talents to an array of programs. In her spare time Kenyatta consumes herself with all things vintage shopping, entertainment media, and brunch. Follow her pursuit for fabulosity on Twitter @kenyattapinata and her favorite online magazine @HerCampusTexas.