Style > Beauty

February Four : the Must-Have Beauty Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

February is coming to an end, so I decided to write about the four beauty products that I’ve been using almost every single day this month. These are just some personal recommendations, so please don’t take it too seriously!

1. the POREfessional Pearl Primer (Benefit Cosmetics)

Before the POREfessional Peal Primer, I used Smashbox’s Photo Finish Foundation Primer (which I wasn’t the biggest fan of due to its plastic-y artificial chemical-y smell) and then I switched to the original POREfessional Face Primer. Once I was done using the original primer by Benefit, I went to Sephora to buy another one. However, I noticed that Benefit had come out with a new line of primer – the POREfessional Pearl Primer!!! I tried the sample, and I absolutely fell in love with it! Unlike the original primer, the pearl primer has a slight pink tint and once rubbed on, it gives off a pearly glow!! Though this one does feel less matte compared to the original, the pearl gives off a nice, very pretty glow to my dry skin. You can get this here.

2. Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation (NARS)

It was time to get new foundation – it was time to change my one-year-old foundation from Neutrogena. While going through my camera album, I found that I had a screenshot of this foundation. To be honest, I don’t remember when I screenshotted that photo and why exactly I did, but I knew that there probably was a reason I screenshotted it, so I went to Sephora to check it out and get a foundation color match. When I asked the Beauty Advisor about the Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation by NARS, she immediately started telling me all the good things about this foundation and said that I would absolutely love it. I do!!! My skin matched perfectly with the color “Punjab” and Punjab gives off a really nice coverage; I didn’t have to use any concealer! Also, when applied with a wet beauty blender, the foundation stays dewy and doesn’t appear caky at all. However, I do recommend using moisturizer and primer before applying this foundation since it can be a bit dry along with setting it with powder and setting spray. After awhile, the product can start wearing off a bit. You can get this here.  

3. Tatouage Couture Liquid Matte Lip Stain #8 Black Red Code (Yves Saint Laurent)

My original plan was to buy the shade #16 Nude Emblem. However, because that shade is so pretty and popular it was sold out. I was devastated! So instead, I bought shade #8, and I was not disappointed. In the picture above the shade looks very bright red, which I was very hesitant about since I’m not the biggest fan of bright red. However, once I received it, I quickly realized it was more of a burgundy brick red. I love it so, so much! On normal days, I just dab a little bit (2-3 small dots) of the lips stain on my lips and then pat it around my lips with my finger or a qtip, and on days where I want a darker look, I color the inside of my lips and then spread it out. Again, I do this with either with my finger or a qtip. It’s a very pretty, eye-catching color. I really recommend this product and shade! You can get this here.

4. Precisely, My Brow Pencil Ultra Fine Shape & Define (Benefit)

Though my hair is a dark brown – black, I personally like drawing my eyebrows a bit lighter than my hair. I use #3 – Medium. This is by far my favorite brow pencil product; it’s easy to use and the product lasts a good amount of time. The thinness of the pencil helps with preciseness when I’m trying to draw on small hair strokes. Also, it doesn’t make my eyebrow hair waxy or fake looking. You can get this here.

Hanna is currently majoring in Journalism and minoring in Business and Asian American Studies. She is currently the Social Media Director and a Staff Writer for Her Campus Texas. After finding out that UT Austin's unofficial mascot, Matthew McConaughey, attended BTS's concert in Fort Worth, her goal is to run into Mr. McConaughey at the Communication building or ride the same elevator and have a full conversation with him about BTS. 
Socialite, blogger, perfectionist; suffering from fomo and currently attending the University of Texas at Austin. Advertising major and member of Zeta Tau Alpha fraternity.