Entertainment That Gives You All The Fall Feels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Fall is officially here, and with it comes a list of binge-able movies and TV shows to help ring in the seasonal spirit. Shows like “Gilmore Girls” and movies like “When Harry Met Sally” have become fall staples in entertainment, and in more recent years shows like “This Is Us” and “Virgin River” have helped turn summer to fall.  

Although there is no denying that those shows hold significance to this beautiful season, there is so much media to be consumed that are more unorthodox yet suitable for this season and all the autumn vibes. It is time to haul out all your seasonal and spooky decor and prepare to be thoroughly entertained with this list of fall films and shows that has something for everyone.

Howl’s Moving Castle

This charming film brings you into the seemingly simple life of main character Sophie Hatter as she ventures out into uncharted territories to find a cure for her aging condition after being cursed. Along the way she comes across, a Wizard named Howl along with his group of unlikely helpers and they assist each other in fighting a war and changing Sophie back to her normal self.  This Studio Ghibli animated film is a must-watch for your fall festivities. 

Pride and Prejudice (2005)

If you’re looking for a romantic period drama, look no further. Elizabeth Bennet is the sensible second eldest daughter out of five. With a family of colorful wits living in the countryside, managing love and the marriage market can be difficult and entrancing, especially when it comes to one proud and serious Mr. Darcy. Joe Wright and Deborah Moggach’s “Pride and Prejudice” captures the romanticism and intimacy of this iconic love story. 

Harry Potter

Witches, wizards, muggles, romance, action, and he who shall not be named, the Harry Potter franchise has it all. Both the books and film series portray an exciting and fascinating world of magic and madness and the struggle between light and darkness. In this race against this saga, our hero Harry must learn and grow in his magical capabilities in order to defeat the Dark Lord and save his friends, family, and the enchanting world he has come to consider his home.

Anything Tim Burton

The king of weird and the unorthodox animated and live-action works, Tim Burton has managed to create a dark and imaginative aesthetic that is fitting to the spooky days and rainy weather of this season. Burton has a collection of films to choose from such as “The Nightmare Before Christmas”, “Edward Scissorhands”, “Corpse Bride” and “Beetlejuice”. 

New Girl

Truly a show for any season, “New Girl” is the perfect comfort watch for this season. If you are a fan of love and laughter in your entertainment, this is the show for you. From hilarious roommates and romances that keep you on the edge of your seat, this fun show will give you all the fall feels in the most subtle ways. 

Hilda

If you are looking for a fun fall animated series, this is the show for you. Follow Hilda as she transitions from a daring life in the wilderness to navigating a new life in the city with magical encounters and adventures with her friends.

Batman vs. Robin

Based on The New 52 “Batam: The Court of Owls”  story arc, this thrilling animated movie brings you into the world of the crime-fighting duo, Batman and Robin, also Bruce and Damian Wayne, as they go head to head with an underground society for the elite. This DC animated film will have you in suspense as you watch the Waynes try and find a balance in their new family dynamic while dealing with dangerous threats. 

Dune 

Based on the outstanding book by Frank Herbert, this Sci-fi wonder is set to be released simultaneously in movie theaters and on the streaming service HBOmax on October 22. If you are looking for an action-packed film filled with futurism and thought-provoking power dynamics, this film will most likely be just the thing to watch. 

Ilyanna Santos is an aspiring writer and journalist from Austin, Texas. She is currently studying journalism at the University of Texas at Austin and is the Marketing and Social Media Director for Shamari Realty. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, and having a good cup of tea.