Diya Liu: A fashion do and winner of the Front Row Challenge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Not long ago, I attended the Marie Claire’s Front Row Challenge with LOFT and Rimmel London here in Austin.  The contest viewed submissions from students all over the country and chose four talented girls to produce a fashion show in the city of their university.  Diya Liu, a chemical engineering senior, beat out hundreds of entries and won over three over finalists to win the Front Row Challenge.  What did she win exactly?  Opportunities to intern at Marie Claire, LOFT, and Rimmel London, that’s what.  As I sat at the fashion show on the rooftop of super cool venue The Mohawk and watched Liu’s looks from LOFT (faux fur, cheetah print, bold red lips with chunky gold necklaces anchored with opaque leggings and booties) I couldn’t help but be inspired by this engineering student that allowed her passion for fashion to lead her down such a creative road and ultimately, success.  Hook ‘em Diya, and lots of HC love from HC Texas. 

Be sure to check out Diya’s site, In Her Stilettos for styling inspiration, fashion fun, and behind the scenes pictures from the event!

Kenyatta Giddings is a double major in Broadcast Journalism and Radio-Television-Film at the University of Texas at Austin. She's a former toddler in a tiara from Dallas, Texas and enjoys recording voiceovers for Radio Disney, writing for various publications, and contributing her production and on-camera talents to an array of programs. In her spare time Kenyatta consumes herself with all things vintage shopping, entertainment media, and brunch. Follow her pursuit for fabulosity on Twitter @kenyattapinata and her favorite online magazine @HerCampusTexas.
Bernice Chuang is a fourth year double majoring in Broadcast Journalism and Communication Studies-Human Relations and doing the Business Foundations Program (aka business minor) at the University of Texas at Austin. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Bernice is a fan of good country music and yummy barbeque! At UT, Bernice is a resident assistant at an all-female residence hall and currently serves as a senator representing her residence hall, Kinsolving, on the Resident Assistant Association. She also leads a small group bible study for Asian American Campus Ministries and sings with her campus ministries’ a cappella group. When she’s not juggling her various roles and commitments, Bernice enjoys exploring downtown Austin, shopping with her fellow RA staff members, reading books on faith and spirituality, learning how to cook and tackling various dessert recipes, and spending quality time with friends.