Dancers Shape: No Smoke, No Mirrors, Real Results!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

After years of running my knees were somewhat damaged from the sudden extraneous pressure placed on them. However, after regularly attending Dancers Shape classes I feel my knees slowly strengthening and becoming less painful. There are still times while taking the class that I cannot fully take part in an exercise, but the instructors are always helping me. After explaining my situation, the instructors were quick to offer advice on how to more comfortably perform certain exercises so that I may be able to lessen the strain placed on my knees. Before attending Dancers Shape I was forced to cope with the pain by occasionally stopping and shaking my legs a bit, but this only offered a temporary relief. The classes at Dancers Shape have really helped with my knee problem. I am sure that if you have a certain ache or weakened area of the body you too will see improvement after regularly attending classes. As I have learned at Dancers Shape you have to start slowly to work up your strength instead of pushing too hard in order to keep up with others. Think of your body first, work up your core, and learn that things will take time. Dancers Shape is a great place to learn these key points and you will even have fun doing it! Please feel free to share any aches or pains that also stopped you from fully taking part in an exercise. Comments are fully welcomed!

Bernice Chuang is a fourth year double majoring in Broadcast Journalism and Communication Studies-Human Relations and doing the Business Foundations Program (aka business minor) at the University of Texas at Austin. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Bernice is a fan of good country music and yummy barbeque! At UT, Bernice is a resident assistant at an all-female residence hall and currently serves as a senator representing her residence hall, Kinsolving, on the Resident Assistant Association. She also leads a small group bible study for Asian American Campus Ministries and sings with her campus ministries’ a cappella group. When she’s not juggling her various roles and commitments, Bernice enjoys exploring downtown Austin, shopping with her fellow RA staff members, reading books on faith and spirituality, learning how to cook and tackling various dessert recipes, and spending quality time with friends.