Blast From the Past: Disney’s The Lion King

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Alright collegiettes, let’s take a little look back to our pasts. Remember all those Disney movies

(probably on VHS) we loved to watch? Forget all of the fancy computer-generated animation typical of
films hitting the big screens today. Let’s think back to the simple, hand-drawn stories we cherish.

One of the most loved Disney movies of all time was, and still is, The Lion King. When the classic tale was
re-released in 3D in 2011, we thought the movie couldn’t get any better.

But it did.

From now until February 10, you can watch Simba, Nala, and the whole cast come to life at Bass
Concert Hall. Based on the original movie, this musical has been running since 1997 and features music
written by Elton John and lyrics by Tim Rice. Tickets can be purchased at texasperformingarts.org.

Kenyatta Giddings is a double major in Broadcast Journalism and Radio-Television-Film at the University of Texas at Austin. She's a former toddler in a tiara from Dallas, Texas and enjoys recording voiceovers for Radio Disney, writing for various publications, and contributing her production and on-camera talents to an array of programs. In her spare time Kenyatta consumes herself with all things vintage shopping, entertainment media, and brunch. Follow her pursuit for fabulosity on Twitter @kenyattapinata and her favorite online magazine @HerCampusTexas.