etsy animal print hair clip?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etsy animal print hair clip?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Photo via Etsy
Culture > News

Beware of Claw Clips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Claw clips, hair clips, whatever it is that you call them, don’t you dare wear them while in a car! In case you haven’t heard, a girl recently uploaded a video on TikTok showing images of her after a car accident where her claw clip was lodged into the back of her head. All she needed was staples, which she said was lucky because she had heard of people in similar situations who had brain damage or brain bleeds because of incidents with claw clips! To make things scarier, the claw clip didn’t even break, that’s how strong it was.

I don’t know about you, but I’m not really surprised. Every time I wear a clip in the car (whether driving or as a passenger) it’s so uncomfortable whenever I try to rest my head against the seat. If you’re in a crash, there is going to be whiplash, and depending on how strong it is, it can lead to a claw clip accident!

Therefore, even though claw clips make the easiest and cutest hairstyles, it’s best to just not take the risk and fix your hair after you arrive at your destination. Cars have mirrors for many reasons, so let’s make this one of them. Stay safe out there girlies! Don’t let a claw clip take your life!

Communication and Leadership major @ UT Austin. IG: @stephanie.inclan