This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

The saying opposites attract has always made me wonder how different someone can be for them to still be attracted to each other. But he made my wonder disappear in a blink of an eye. I am a homebody, a type of living that would rather stay in and live within myself. My definition of fun is to wake up to a clean house and enjoy each other’s company while watching a movie, cooking, drawing, cleaning, and everything that includes minimal socializing. He is the complete opposite, to some extent.

After a stressful week, he enjoys the idea of resting through going out and doing anything that requires me to step out my front door. Like many normal human beings, his social battery will run out so don’t think he’s a three-day partier. However, he does enjoy it more than I do. I think it’s important to realize that for a couple to work there needs to be a balance in between. An understanding of what the other enjoys and a sacrifice one needs to give into to make your partner feel happy. I do not mean do exactly what the other person wants but, be open to new and different ways of living to where you met in the middle. He makes that worth it for me. He’s the person to put someone else before himself. The type to think of me before doing anything. The type to learn something to help. The feeling he gives me when he hugs me. Or the feeling of when he’s across the room and I want to crawl into a little ball and wait for him to come and talk to me. He makes my worst days better with just the touch of a hand or the look in his eyes that sympathize with my pain.

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about my personal experiences with the Olivia Rodrigo SOUR album. I’ve loved her music since day 1. But he makes me forget the realness of the lyrics through her music. The opposite of not being enough. And the warmth of being happy with one person who knows you more than you know yourself. Being vulnerable can be a self-deprecating feeling for many. But finding your person and your home will make you want to be vulnerable in any way possible.

To any previous readers this style of writing was a very new and vulnerable way for me, so thank you for sticking through it. And for him, thank you for being you. Te quiero.

Hi! I'm Melody a current Communication and Leadership major at the University of Texas at Austin. I am a first-generation college student that comes from a small town in Mexico called Ibarra, Michoacan. Some of my current interests are cooking, coffee, dancing, social media, fashion and currently anything that relates to Taylor's Version.