A Harry Styles Song for Each Taylor Swift Album

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

This idea popped into my head while I was listening to “Golden” and I thought to myself, “This is so Lover.” Is this stupid and unneccessary? Maybe. But it furthers the Haylor friendship agenda so I don’t care what anyone says. Let’s begin:

1. Self-Titled: This album is swimming in a lake, running through a meadow, and staring at the night sky with your first crush type of music. But it’s also a lot of anger and big emotions, because—as I’m sure we can all relate to—teenage boys are stupid and high school is scary.

Matching Harry Song: “Sweet Creature”

1. Fearless (Taylor’s Version): Fearless is the highs, lows, and in-betweens of high school dreams. I mean—“Fifteen”, “Love Story”, and “White Horse”? Truly the epitome of the teenage experience.

Matching Harry Song: “Boyfriends”

1. Speak Now: *AH* one of my favorite Taylor albums. If I had to pick three words to describe this album it would be: whimsical, fairytale, and hopeful.

Matching Harry Song: “Satellite”

1. Red (Taylor’s Version): This album is RAGE. I know it has its sweet, “we can work this out” moments (aka “Stay Stay Stay”), but this is a tried and true break up album. Single-me would scream this at the top of my lungs without having any sort of romantic experience, and that’s so valid!

Matching Harry Song: “Cherry”

1. 1989: Fun, chaotic, pop perfection, a tumultuous whirlwind.

Matching Harry Song: “Carolina”

1. reputation: Another rage-filled moment, but this time the rage is directed at the world! Also has a hint of healthy romance, which is always appreciated.

Matching Harry Song: “Lights Up”

1. Lover: This album is Taylor’s in love era. The haters will say it’s corny and their least favorite album; I say people hate seeing other people happy and that’s just the truth!

Matching Harry Song: “Daylight”

1. folklore: Quite possibly the best album to ever exist. It’s storytelling at its finest. Most songs are moody and contemplative.

Matching Harry Song: “Matilda”

1. evermore: Evermore, the forgotten sister album to folklore, has extremely similar tones to folklore, but it’s somehow a little more warm and inviting.

Matching Harry Song: “Fine Line”

1. Midnights: Although this magical album has yet to be released, as of the time I’m writing this, I can imagine the vibes of the album based off of the artwork and promotional pictures. My guess for overall themes/sounds are: glamorous, edgy, and rock.

Matching Harry Song: “Kiwi”

Hello! I'm currently studying Advertising at the University of Texas at Austin. In my free time, I'm constantly baking, listening to true crime podcasts, and spending time with my family. Connect with me on IG: www.instagram.com/unorachel