This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

The anticipation and preparation for the midterm season puts everyone on their toes. The hours of studying, the heavy lectures, and everything that goes into it is just a constant dread, so to break up the monotonous struggle, here are five ways to destress and relax after your midterms.

1. Self-care day

Between face masks, cleansing, lighting a candle, and taking a long bath, all are super effective ways to not only lower one’s stress but to rejuvenate your body and your mind. It also allows you to get refreshed just in time for an end of a semester push.

2. Retail therapy

Though recommended in moderation, retail therapy can change your overall outlook. Getting a whole new outfit and just the overall thrill of going to the mall, or any retail store bears the making of a very relaxing and exciting day. A great option on campus that I love is Pavement, especially their weekend sales that allow you to the ball on a budget.

3. Spa days

Who doesn’t love a good spa day? The peaceful ambiance allows for a true reset. Not only does it help you reset your mood, but it also enhances your sleep, reduces aches and migraines, and improves your smooth skin. The overall benefits will reset your mind just in time for finals.

4. Baking

Baking is always such a great post-midterm destresser! I truly believe that the aspect of finding something sweet and delectable, getting the necessary ingredients, and then decorating it to look pretty is such a fun activity! It will get your mind off of the dread from class and be extremely fulfilling at the end, especially if you’re able to bake with a buddy!

5. Night out downtown

Nothing screams more fun than you and a friend getting all dressed up and going to downtown Austin. Between the beautiful lights, the amazing food and drink options, and the lively atmosphere, the overall experience is always one that never truly gets old.

Daisy Ruiz

Texas '25

Hi! I'm Daisy and I'm a current economics major here at UT Austin. I love anything skincare related, my dogs, and going to new places.