This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.
  1. Mirrors: While mirrors can be a little pricey, they are definitely my favorite piece to add to any wall. My favorite is my big round mirror. It opens up my room so much and I decorated it with greenery. So cute!

2. Pillows: I’m definitely that girl with too many pillows on her bed. I love the look, though, and I have different options! Changing pillowcases is also an easy way to change the whole vibe of the room.

3. Rugs: Rugs with different prints bring so much character! They can either be the statement piece or tie all the colors in a room together! I love the versatility.

4. Vases/Flowers/Fake Flowers: Definitely one of my favorite ways to freshen up my space. I love buying bouquets and cute vases and just adding floral touches to different parts of my house.  Fake flowers are fun, too! If you aren’t ready for the commitment to real floral arrangements, I definitely suggest using fake flowers or plants!

5. Lamps: I am just in love with what a lamp can do for a room. I also am a huge fan of color-changing lightbulbs. Ambiance is everything when creating a safe and comfortable space!

Hey! I'm Gabriella and I'm a senior at UT majoring in psychology, minoring in sociology and pursuing a certificate in forensic sciences. I'm excited for all that this last year brings and I can't wait to write about all my adventures! <3