5 Activities To Embrace The Fall Season!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

It’s officially October. Therefore, I can bring out all the fall decorations and enjoy all the pumpkin items I desire. It’s an appropriate time now right? 

Personally, fall has always been my favorite season: the transition to cool and crisp weather, the warm color palette, the candle scents of pumpkin, cinnamon, apple, and of course all the pumpkin spice items stocked at grocery stores!

If you love fall just as much as I do or want to embrace the season a little more this year, here are a few activities you can do. 

Enjoy Seasonal Drinks

Throughout fall, many food chains, restaurants, and coffee shops will release drinks with seasonal flavors. An example of this is Starbucks’ famous pumpkin spice lattes. A lot of people (me included) get excited about the drop of Starbucks’ fall drinks. Although the excitement has died down for me, the pumpkin cream cold foam still has a chokehold on me. If you’re not a fan of Starbucks, visit your local coffee shops and try their seasonal drinks! 

Set The Atmosphere

There’s no better way to get into the spirit than bringing fall inside your home. I’ve seen a lot of fall items and decorations pop up at different retail stores. Pumpkin bowls, leaf-shaped plates, orange glasses, and garlands cover the shelves. I don’t have the budget for the decorations I’d love to have, so I settled for mini pumpkins in my apartment and it’s just as cute and effective! Also, I just live through other people by watching aesthetic fall videos on Youtube.

Tip: You don’t always need decorations, just light your favorite candle in your room! 

(Bonus points if it’s a fall scent)

Decorate Pumpkins

I love decorating my apartment with plain pumpkins, but painting or carving them is a fun activity you can do either alone or with friends. It also adds some personality to your pumpkin to make it your own! You can buy paint at your nearest store and there are always pumpkin carving kits around Halloween time. Pinterest is my go-to for inspiration. I’ll use it to find ideas on what I can paint or carve. Choose your design and go for it!

Go To The Pumpkin Patch

The pumpkin patch is a great way to not only pick your own pumpkin but to make it an experience. There are usually tons of options, unique choices, and you can enjoy walking and browsing through the pumpkin patch with friends and family! 

Tip: If you love a good photoshoot moment, wear your favorite fall fit to the pumpkin patch for a great photo-op!

Have A Halloween Movie Night

Grab some popcorn, candy, and any of your favorite snacks to have a fun night with your friends. Watch a Halloween movie and you can even have a theme! Have food and drinks themed around your movie to create the ultimate fall experience!

Alexis is a senior journalism major and business minor at the University of Texas At Austin. She currently serves as a writer and an associate editor for Her Campus Texas and enjoys creating content about lifestyle, pop culture, and food. Instagram: @ave_lexi