This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

I can’t walk to class without listening to something. While I usually listen to music, I’ve found myself gravitating toward podcasts this week. Whenever I want to listen to a podcast, I always gravitate towards something with variety and great hosts. Here are some of the podcasts that have been making my commute to school more fun.

Pretty Basic with Alisha Marie and Remi Cruz

Alisha and Remi are some of my favorite YouTubers so it makes sense that Pretty Basic is my go-to podcast. This entertainment podcast has different topics each week ranging from Q&As, pop culture, mental health, influencing, and more. Most episodes only feature Remi and Alisha but occasionally guests like Ashley Tisdale and Claudia Sulewski stop by. Pretty Basic is currently on its fifth season and releases new episodes each Wednesday. 

Favorite Episode: “Is PB Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?”

Anything Goes with Emma Chamberlain

I grew up watching Emma Chamberlain’s videos so this podcast has a very nostalgic feel to me. In her solo podcast, Emma talks about anything and everything so the topic changes weekly. Past topics include nepotism, parties, female friendships, and growing up as an only child. Anything Goes is so authentic and genuinely feels like being on FaceTime with a close friend.

Favorite Episode: “body image and self-acceptance”

Charli XCX’s Best Song Ever

In this podcast, singer Charli XCX interviews musicians, actors, and celebrities about their all-time favorite songs. The questions are intimate without being intrusive and allow listeners to see a different side of the guests. Past guests of the podcast range from Jack Antonoff to Amelia Dimoldenburg. 

Favorite Episode: “Rina Sawayama”

All of these podcasts provide the perfect balance between lighthearted entertainment and food for thought. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I do. Happy listening!

Sarah is a second-year journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and serves as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Texas. She loves fashion, beauty, and music and enjoys sharing these interests in her writing.