This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

I grew up listening to Taylor Swift. My best friends and I would memorize every single lyric of every single song of hers as soon as a new song or album was released. We went to her concerts with sharpie writings all over our faces and bodies such as “13” (her and my favorite number) and huge posters hoping she would somehow see us. Taylor Swift’s lyrics resemble poetry that can bring up emotions that you didn’t even know you had. Throughout the years, I noticed that if anyone were to play any of her songs, I would still know every single lyric. However, I definitely have my all-time favorite lyrics of hers. 

“’Cause there we are again on that little town street You almost ran the red ’cause you were looking over at me”  — From the song “All Too Well”

“’Cause there we are again in the middle of the night We’re dancing around the kitchen in the refrigerator light” — From the song “All Too Well”

“I’ll be eighty-seven; you’ll be eighty-nine I’ll still look at you like the stars that shine In the sky, oh my my my…” — From “Mary’s Song (Oh My My My)”

“Because I love your handshake, meeting my father I love how you walk with your hands in your pockets” — From the song “Last Kiss”

“The way you move is like a full-on rainstorm and I’m a house of cards.”  — From the song “Sparks Fly”

“This night is flawless, don’t you let it go I’m wonderstruck, dancing around all alone” — From the song “Enchanted”

“Long were the nights When my days once revolved around you” — From the song “Dear John”

“I forgot that you existed It isn’t love, it isn’t hate, it’s just indifference” — From the song “I Forgot That You Existed”

“And I’m highly suspicious that everyone who sees you wants you” — From the song “Lover”

“My mistake, I didn’t know to be in love You had to fight to have the upper hand” — From the song “White Horse”

“That I’m not a princess, this ain’t a fairy tale I’m not the one you’ll sweep off her feet Lead her up the stairwell” — From the song “White Horse”

“Romeo, save me. They’re trying to tell me how to feel. This love is difficult but it’s real.” — From the song “Love Story”

“You never did give a damn thing, honey, but I cried, cried for you And I know you wouldn’t have told nobody if I died, died for you, died for you” — From the song “Cold As You”

“And now that I’m sitting here thinking it through I’ve never been anywhere cold as you” — From the song “Cold As You”

“Could’ve loved you all my life If you hadn’t left me waiting in the cold” — From the song “You’re Not Sorry”

Hello! I'm Suzan Mehrabian and currently a senior Sociology major at the University of Texas at Austin. After graduating, I plan on taking a gap year where I want to travel and work somewhere that interests and excites me. After my gap year, I am planning on attending law school. My passion for writing developed as I began writing to express my feelings and let my thoughts and emotions pour out. I found this exercise very therapeutic and I very much so acknowledged the power that writing has.
Megan Turner is studying Spanish and Political Communication at the University of Texas at Austin. In her free time she enjoys long-distance running, painting, and spending time with friends.