This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas PB chapter.

October is such a great way to kickoff holiday season. The air begins to get colder; leaves start falling, and things get spooky. Halloween is at the end of the month, so it leaves time to have amazing dates for the entire month of October. Affordable dates are the best kind especially in college, so here are some great ideas for dates with your boo.

Carving/Painting Pumpkins

Pumpkins are affordable to buy pretty much anywhere in Odessa. You can purchase pumpkins from Market Street, Walmart, HEB, and local vendors.Carving supplies can also be purchased from these grocery stores. Painting pumpkins is also great alternative if you do not like making a huge mess with the seeds everywhere. The paint can be purchased at Dollar Tree where all paint is for $1.00! These date activities are great as they are interactive with your boo and sets you in the mood for Halloween all while being affordable. I have painted pumpkins with my boo, and it is overall relaxing, fun, and totally adorable.

Halloween Movie Marathon

Who doesn’t love Halloween movies? This category of movies are all kinds of spooky fun and romantic while cuddling with your boo. Staying home is affordable to begin with and Freeform the channel offers the 30 days of Halloween movies so there is no purchase necessary for that. Our University offers free cable so Freeform is accessible at the dorms.

Attend a Farmers Market

There are several places that offer a farmer’s market in the Midland/ Odessa area. Farmers market are beautiful way to support local farmers and local businesses. Grab a pumpkin latte before you go and call that a date with your boo. It super exciting to recognize the vendors in the city of Odessa and having a unique authentic date while at it.

These dates ideas are affordable and can have you and your boo enjoy Halloween and everything that comes with the month of October. Remember to stay safe and always wear a mask when out on dates.

Hello, my name is Cynthia Juarez. I am a petroleum engineering major at UTPB looking to branch out more. I am the Campus Correspondent for HC at UTPB and treasurer of TSPE. I am social, eager, and optimisitic in anything that comes my way.