Social Impact takes home new Dell XPS 12 Ultrabooks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tennessee chapter.

Courtney Childers’ Advertising/Public Relations 490 class spent the semester creating social media campaigns for Dell’s XPS 13 ultrabook. The class not only worked on these campaigns for a grade, but to present them in a contest for a panel of judges that included Adv/PR’s Margaret Morrison and Michael Palenchar, alongside Melissa Lentz from NYC-based marketing agency Mr. Youth and Adam Brown, executive director of social media for Dell and a ’94 UT Adv/PR alum.

These teary-eyed students (minus the one on the far right: that’s Adam Brown) are Social Impact, the winners of the contest. The judges said they were able to squeeze past their competition by focusing on the ultrabook’s long-lasting battery life with encouraging consumers to share battery-life stories and utilizing hashtags like “#itsalive.” Guess with their fancy new ultrabooks they took home as prizes they won’t need to be tweeting #itsalive anytime soon.