Football Fashionista

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tennessee chapter.

Every girl knows that Saturdays in Knoxville can be more of a fashion show than a football game. From breezy sundresses in August and September, to boots and sweaters in October and November, we like to show our Volunteer pride in a fashionable way on game day. For the football fashionista in all of us, here are some major fall trends showing up this season, and simple, attainable ideas on how to wear them (and where to get them) here and now.

1.     Geometric Patterns. These bold prints are showing up in magazines all over the newsstands. If daring patterns aren’t typically your thing, start small like with a scarf or clutch and pair it with a bright UT orange colored sweater or sundress.
Geometric Shapes Romper with a pop of UT Orange

2.     Cargo Skinny Jeans. This new twist on cargo pants has been seen on celebs like Kim Kardashian, Rhianna, and even Madonna. If you’re looking for a new way to do khakis or olive colored pants, this is the perfect solution. Pair them with a loose burnt-orange tank or tee, and you’re set for Neyland. 
A Perfectly Priced Pair of Cargos

3.     Loafers. Who really wants to wear heals to a football game anyway? Loafers are an equally stylish but exponentially more comfortable alternative, and are a great fall staple. They can be worn to dress down your favorite orange sweater dress, or to spruce up your favorite pair of boyfriend jeans.
Make sure to place the penny in these super cute loafers!

4.     Colored Denim/Chords. Colored denim and corduroys are EVERYWHERE this season and if Derek Dooley chooses to display his spirit via orange pants, we should too! Perfect with a pair of cozy boots at those chilly games later in the season.
They’re not quite Coach Dooley’s Orange pants, but they’re close enough!

5.     Oversized Button Downs. These boyfriend-inspired tops are comfortable, casual, and classic. Tucked into a skirt or worn with your cargo skinny jeans, this trend is great for a carefree game day spent singing Rocky Top.
Dubbed “The Boyfriend Shirt,” this loose and sheer button up is a flirty spin on a classic.