This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

TikTok aesthetics were an inspiration for me over quarantine. Locked away from the world, forbidden from venturing out during the pandemic, there was no self expression to the world. Tiktok was an outlet that I found the aesthetics made me happy to watch. For me, It was cottagecore and that whole vibe of escaping to the woods, living on herbal teas and berries. This gave me hope. Sometimes I drew inspiration from them. With all of these aesthetics on Tiktok, ever changing, ever evolving, I wanted to look into some and explain how they may fit who you are.

Adventure core

I think the name of this aesthetic explains itself. If you are finding yourself listening to adventure related Tiktoks, you are seeing a lot of traveling. You could run away one day with a penny to your name and live out of van venturing through America. DIYs on making your own live-in van may float along your timeline as well. Your adventurous soul is being called upon by Tiktok. Who would have thought?

Cottage core

If you’re a cottage core girl, you love everything about nature. Flowers and fields are your go to. You most likely want to move off the grid. Almost every cottage core aesthetic uses the song Strawberry Blond by Mitski. I am all for it. This aesthetic is light and fluffy, full of herbs, pastel colors, teas, cottages, and diy baking. There are videos that range from book binding to makeup looks, to how to make rose water. I cannot express how much you want to move off the grid to fit this aesthetic.

Dark Academia

This aesthetic is where dark cottage core meets Lana Del Ray and the renaissance. Everything about it screams Hozier singing me to sleep. Dressed in all black, heavy black eyeliner, while laying in a castle with melting candles and old books would be the look for this aesthetic. This is basically the opposite of cottage core, but still holds the same vibes, with herbs, books, plants and such being the main theme.

The Romantic

Again, Lana is in the picture for this aesthetic. Sometimes the artists Sufjan Stevens and Billie Eilish are heard, while the visuals presented pull at your heart strings. You’ll either see a bunch of happy couples in a Hollywood-like production on Tiktok. Everything about these couples seems perfect, as the most romantic songs play over what they do. So, I think the conclusion is, you are a romantic. Your hopes are to go on a cute date and be swooped up by prince charming as Lana sings in the back.

Ghost Photoshoot

I think the ghost photoshoot is a bit creepy, but that is what makes it the best for the upcoming Halloween season! Friends dressing up as ghosts, taking retro photos, is everything. The pictures say it all. They have a vibe that says I am cool and happy Halloween!

Plant lady

This may not be everyone, but I know some fall into the category of plants and taking care of them. They inspire your inner hippie to jump out and collect 50 house plants. These videos help in taking care of plants that in return take care of you!

Delaney Mills is a Senior at Temple University majoring in Communication Studies. She's has a love for fashion and Harry Styles. She can usually be found at the Bagel Hut on campus or in her bed watching New Girl. Follow her on Instagram @duhlaneyyy!!