This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

With the weather starting to get warmer, it’s time to switch things up. As we swap out gloves and scarves for sunglasses and short sleeves, it’s also time we swap out what we’re listening to. If you’re in a rut trying to find music to match your spring vibe, look no further.

Now, before you panic, I’d like to reassure you of one thing… There’s a method to the madness here. Of the 30 songs compiled below for your listening pleasure, I’ve broken them up into three categories to truly match the amazing feeling warm weather brings.

Windows Down, Volume Up

Some songs can only be enjoyed at their fullest potential when they’re played at max volume. The songs in this list are arguably the strongest part of this playlist as they compile the perfect “pretending to be the main character in a coming of age film” soundtrack. 

“Stargazing” – The Neighbourhood

“Dog Days Are Over” – Florence + The Machine

“Motion” – Luke Hemmings

“Girlfriend” – Rebecca Black

“Ribs” – Lorde

“Temporary Fix” – One Direction

“The Very First Night” – Taylor Swift

“Happier Than Ever” – Billie Eilish

“Daydream” – The Aces

“Complete Mess” – 5 Seconds of Summer

Hot Girl (Almost) Summer

As you shed the layers of heavy winter clothes, it’s time to remember that you are *that* girl. With early sunsets and freezing temperatures, it’s too easy to see our moods drop so if the bitter blues of the cold weather hit you hard this year, consider this your chance for a nice warm-up. 

“just like magic” – Ariana Grande

“breadwinner” – Kacey Musgraves

“Silk Chiffon” – MUNA, Phoebe Bridgers

“Don’t Worry Bout Me” – Zara Larsson

“Head Underwater” – Jenny Lewis

“I Think He Knows” – Taylor Swift

“Psycho” – Maisie Peters

“Primadonna” – MARINA

“Reflections” – MisterWives

“honey” – Halsey

No Thoughts, Just Vibes

While the previous two categories are perfect seasonal refreshers, this one is the real heavy lifter. No two songs radiate the same energy but each one is wonderful for filling in any blanks and keeping you on your toes. Never fall into a dull moment with this playlist as these contagious beats and catchy lyrics are just the icing needed for a springtime treat. 

“Can I Call You Tonight?” – Dayglow

“The Sound” – The 1975

“Pretty Lips” – Winehouse

“Jackie and Wilson” – Hozier

“What a Feeling” – One Direction

“Dang!” – Mac Miller feat. Anderson .Paak)

“Perfect Places” – Lorde

“she knows it” – Maggie Lindemann

“Dreams” – Fleetwood Mac

“Ophelia” – The Lumineers
In the world we live in, it can sometimes be difficult to find things that bring us joy. But no matter what is going on, music will always have a place for us to turn to. This spring, find the joy in everything that you can. Listen to this playlist in full here, and be sure to enjoy the upcoming and very much welcomed warm weather and good music.

Hi there! My name is Emily, and I'm a senior Media Production student and I'm a staff writer for Arts & Entertainment! Some of my interests include reading, listening to music, and photography!