Word on the Street!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

The week before Thanksgiving break is always a crazy one. Luckily for you, we got all the important things you missed out on while you were getting a head start on that final paper (well, at least we think you did). 

1. George Zimmerman — who in July was acquitted of manslaughter and second-degree murder charges after fatally shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin — was charged for aggravated assault and domestic battery felonies on Tuesday. Zimmerman allegedly pointed a shotgun at this girlfriend during a heated argument. He has since then been released on $9,000 bail.

2.  Infamous cult leader and murderer Charles Manson is set to marry a 25-year-old fan named Star, who visits Manson every weekend as he serves his life sentence at Corcoran State Prison. Girl

3. Congress has pushed back the deadline for choosing a health plan, so consumers will have eight more days to buy the administration’s new health coverage.

4. Toronto Mayor (and self-proclaimed crack smoker) Rob Ford loses it after the city council voted that Ford is to leave his mayoral position. He even knocks over Pam McConnell, a Toronto city councilor! Rude.

5. At least 47 people died from a supermarket collapse in Riga, Latvia on Thursday evening. As of Friday, six of the deceased are still unidentified.

Jennifer Nguyen is a senior journalism student at Temple. She has been a part of Her Campus Temple since its formation in 2010 and being a part of HCTU has been one of the best things she has ever done. She aspires to be a magazine writer in New York after graduation. Jennifer is passionate about learning more about the world around her and hopes to travel the world one day. As a journalist, she strives to share the stories of people whose voices need to be heard. In her spare time, she loves reading French literature, learning languages and watching Bravo reality TV shows.