Women’s Cafe Night Preview: Merideth Ketterer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Every spring, we hold our Women’s Cafe Night where we honor awesome women doing awesome things on Temple’s campus. Recognizing these women inspires not only the ladies within our chapter, but outside of our chapter. We have handpicked these women based on their accomplishments, attitudes and bright futures. Some of them you may have seen on our website before, some of them may be new to  you…from outstanding internships to on campus leadership roles, it is a privilege to have these women featured on our website! 

Meredith Ketterer is a 20-year-old bombshell who’s taking Temple University by storm. Planning to graduate in May 2016, Ketterer is part of countless organizations and has bright plans for her future. We can’t wait to honor her at this year’s Women’s Appreciation Night!

What’s your major? 

Strategic Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in General Business Studies

What organizations are you involved in?Temple Student Government, PRowl Public Relations, Delta Phi Epsilon Sorority, Public Relations Student Society of America, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Golden Key International Honors Society, Rho Lambda Honors Society

What do you plan to do after graduation?After graduation, I plan on attending law school (hopefully George Washington Law in Washington, DC)!

What’s your favorite spot to go in Philadelphia?My favorite spot in Philadelphia is Rittenhouse Square. Whether I’m reading a book or people watching, it’s nice to just relax and appreciate the nature of the city.

What does being a woman mean to you?Being a woman today means remembering the women who fought for our rights in the past. It’s easy to forget and take our lives for granted, but women have to continue moving forward and upward.

Do you have any tips for underclassmen struggling to be successful in their career path or just at college in general?Do everything you can in the present moment to build your future self. Take a class unrelated to your major. Volunteer regularly for a non-profit. Be a leader in your organizations. Use college as a time to mold yourself into the woman you are proud to be. 

Did you have a woman you looked up to when you were younger who helped you become who you are today? Can you tell us a little bit about her?Growing up, I was an only child. I had always wanted a sibling so when my dad remarried and I found out my stepmother was pregnant it was one of the best days of my life. Even though I’m nine years older than my little sister, she truly inspires my to be a better person. Maggie is one of the wittiest, strong, and confident women I know and she’s only 11-years-old. I want to be a role model for her and the only way I can do that is by being the best version of myself.

What keeps you motivated and focused?Every day I wake up thinking that what I do today will affect the rest of my life. The choices I make will define who I am. If I have the urge to skip class and sleep in, I remember the feeling of making the Dean’s List. Finding your balance between work and play are key to being successful in college.

Savannah is a graduate of Temple University, now pursuing her lifelong dream of living in NYC. She enjoys perusing second-hand books stores, staring at the work of Egon Schiele, and listening to Keith Richards shred his electric guitar.
Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.