Style > Beauty

Why Trader Joe’s Skincare is Perfect for College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

No matter what your skincare routine may be, most people look for products that actually work and (especially for college students) are affordable. While there is a huge amount of skincare options from KylieSkin to drugstore named brands, it can be hard to figure out what is right for you. Trader Joe’s is basically known for everything food-related; however, there are many shoppers who have no knowledge of the options available for natural and affordable skincare products. The variety of products they have span from facial scrubs to facial oils, and just about everything in between.

I personally have had a great experience with two of the facial oils I purchased while shopping for groceries. The Hyaluronic Moisture Boost Serum and the Rose Facial Oil have both become a part of my daily skincare routine. The serum is priced at $8.99, and the oil is $5.99, which is a steal for what these lightweight products have to offer. I have used other facial serums from brands such as the Ordinary and Olay, but my favorite has to be from Trader Joe’s mainly because of the price. Other products the brand has to offer include the Watermelon Overnight Face Mask, Supreme Hydrating Eye Cream, Microdermabrasion Scrub, and many others. There are several key ingredients we all know and love that are expected to only be found in high-end products. However, ingredients like hydrolyzed marine collagen, sunflower seed oil, and green tea extract are only a few of the natural and high-quality ingredients found in Trader Joe’s products. 

Besides the price point and quality, there is another factor about these skincare products that will always keep me coming back for more. I do the majority of my grocery shopping at Trader Joe’s like many college students, and especially those who attend school in Philadelphia where many Trader Joe’s are located. And now, not only can I get my groceries at a fairly priced store, but I also have the convenience of picking up my favorite skincare products as well. The store gives you a faster and more efficient alternative to buying skincare online and waiting for it in the mail.

There are many products to choose from at Trader Joe’s that offer affordable prices and natural ingredients, which can all be found on their website. Your future grocery store trips will never be the same!

Delaney Mills is a Senior at Temple University majoring in Communication Studies. She's has a love for fashion and Harry Styles. She can usually be found at the Bagel Hut on campus or in her bed watching New Girl. Follow her on Instagram @duhlaneyyy!!