HCTU Estee Lauder Self Care Hero Image
HCTU Estee Lauder Self Care Hero Image
Original photo by Katie Leis and Nadiyah Timmons
Wellness

Where to Go and What to Do as a Temple Student Seeking Self-Care

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Presented by Estée Lauder x Her Campus

Being a college student is stressful no matter your major or activities, so it’s vital to prioritize self-care – but deciding where to start can be tricky, because self-care looks different for everyone, and sometimes it even changes depending on the day. 

Here are Her Campus Temple’s go-to tips, tricks, and places for when we have free time or need a de-stressor on campus!  

Create a Skincare Routine with Estée Lauder 

One thing I notice when I’m stressed is that my skin often takes the brunt of it. The backbone of taking care of myself is a reliable skincare routine. A few minutes of self-focused care starts my day on the right foot and ends it peacefully. 

Personally, I like to keep my skincare routine as simple as possible. Otherwise, between all my classes and student org meetings, I wouldn’t be able to keep up with it. Luckily, Estée Lauder’s Nutritious 2-in-1 Foam Cleanser provides a great base for my skincare needs. With a clinically proven pore-minimizing formula, this cleanser can be used as both an AM & PM face wash and as a weekly purifying mask!  

The next step in my routine is Estee Lauder’s Radiance Essence Lotion. Essences are super in right now because they blend everything there is to love about both toners and serums into an easy-to-use, and beneficial package! Even after using this product just once it helps reduce redness in my skin, as well as providing that minimized pore look.  

The last step in my skincare routine is a moisturizer, and Estee Lauder’s new Nutritious Melting Soft Crème Mask provides everything between hydration and a radiant glow that gives me what I need whether I’m prepping for bed, or to take on the Philadelphia sun!  

Lounge on Beury Beach 

As the largest stretch of green grass on campus, Beury Beach is perfect for relaxing and taking it slow.  When the sun is out, I like to lay down with my eyes closed and practice mindfulness. Just simply appreciating and focusing on the present does wonders to refresh me. When it’s a cloudy day, I look up at the sky and allow my imagination to run wild as I decipher what’s above me.  Of course, there are plenty of other activities that could be brought outside, whether it’s journaling, picnicking with friends, or reading a book. If it brings calm and a respite from our busy lives. I consider it a successful self-care moment.  If just lounging isn’t your speed, there are countless groups of students that use Beury Beach as their activity hub. From tightrope walkers, hammock loungers, and even yoga classes! 

Enjoy Group Fitness at the IBC Student Rec Center 

If you’re looking for something active to relieve stress, don’t forget to check out the IBS Student Rec Center located at 1701 N 15th Street. They offer various group fitness sessions with a certified leader free of charge. This includes cycling, yoga, pilates, and several other activities.  

The great thing about the IBC is that they have a set schedule for whichever group fitness classes they have that day. For example, on Mondays from 8 am to 8:50 pm, different instructors lead 50-minute-long classes that range from cycling to goodnight yoga to wrap up the day. If you ever need to get your muscles flowing, you can also check out their spring calendar!  

If you prefer to independently exercise, the rec center also provides dumbbells, treadmills, strength machines, an indoor track, and more to allow you to fill your free time however you like.  

Take a Trip to the Wellness Resource Center 

The Wellness Resource Center (WRC) is Temple’s health promotion office that offers support for personal wellness. One of their areas of expertise is mental well-being, so they’re a great place to learn about healthy stress management strategies. The office also organizes multiple events throughout the semester to help students take care of themselves. Every semester, they host the Self-Care Fair to encourage students to prioritize their well-being.  In fact, with finals coming up at the end of the semester, the WRC also encourages students to attend Student Activities’ Self-Care and Well-Being Events during finals week and throughout the summer. Try to stop by and take a second to focus on your health during the hectic last week or two of the semester.  

To sum it up, there isn’t a right or wrong choice to self-care. As long as you’re enjoying it and allowing your energy levels to replenish, you’re doing great. These were just a few of my favorite ways to relax and recharge, and hopefully, they inspire you to give your well-being a little extra attention too! 

This is a sponsored article. All opinions are 100% our own.

Diane is the Co-Events Coordinator of Her Campus Temple University, which entails planning fun events and socials for the team. At Temple University, Diane majors in Biology and minors in Public Health. Prior to becoming a chapter board member, Diane was a staff writer for the campus life and news section. Her professional background is largely in the field of STEM. She has worked as a receptionist/technician in an eye doctor’s office, and serves as an executive board member for Temple University’s Biology Society and Alpha Epsilon Delta Chapter. In her free time, Diane enjoys exploring the outdoors and going on hikes around her hometown Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. When she's not studying, Diane can be found reading, volunteering, listening to crime podcasts, or catching up with friends.