This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

According to Teen Vogue, makeup contouring is a method that structures the face and isn’t supposed to be “noticeable, but just a subtle change.” The key to contouring is remembering that less is more in the world of makeup. It is also helpful to know your shade of foundations and to remember that matte makeup products will never disappoint you. These are simple tips that will make you a contouring queen.  Sometimes though, contouring doesn’t exactly go as planned.

You show off your makeup brushes

You want to show off your new makeup brushes you got for Christmas so you can brag to your friends.

You let your friend use them to do your makeup

She decides she is going to practice contouring on your face.

She swears she has done this before

She does go to cosmetology school you reassure yourself. 

You start to feel confident about yourself

You’ve never tried contouring before and can’t wait to see how different you look.

But when you look in the mirror you resemble the tin man

Never again.

I am a student at Temple University and I aspire to be a Journalist. My passion in life is writing because I have the ability to express myself creatively through words. I enjoy writing poetry and I especially enjoy being a staff writer for the Fashion and Beauty section for Her Campus Temple! My missions in life are to be an inspiration to young girls, help others, and encourage young women and girls to feel beautiful!
Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.