What Your LED Light Color Choice Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

If there’s anything we’ve learned as a college-aged society this past year it’s that LED strip lights are a must have for your college living space. Whether you are really into your studies, or a contributor to this year long global pandemic by throwing house parties with your inner circle, your LED lights mean something. Without further ado, here’s a list of what your choice of LED light color says about you.

RED

If you constantly have the color red on your LED lights you’re either a gamer boy, or the complete opposite. You love to feel sexy and dangerous, and you like to party. You are very into grunge TikToks, and fashion trends, and can probably drink black coffee. You’re a person of love, energy, and passion.

PINK

You also love to feel sexy and dangerous, but in an independent, feminine way. You’re probably the supportive sweet friend in the group (sometimes considered the mom), but you’re also the first to initiate a good time. Your biggest stressor of the week is meal planning to go grocery shopping. You love to live a healthy lifestyle, be playful, and be someone who radiates happiness. 

WHITE

You probably felt obligated to buy these LED lights because every other “typical” college student has them. You like the color white because it’s neutral and accentuates your other room decor. You probably have a lot of plants in your room, and you definitely like Zoom University because it means less social interaction. You are also very into fashion trends, but in a sustainable way. You love cleanliness, and you are somewhat of a goody-two-shoes.

MULTI-COLOR

You are indecisive, but in the best way. You’re the kind of person who wears different aesthetics of clothing, and sometimes changes multiple times in a day depending on your mood. You probably love to wear beanies, and drink iced coffee even in the middle of winter. You are a bit of a drama queen, but you can also be classy and formal, and are protective of your closest friends. 

PURPLE

You’re most likely a very sweet person, who is very easy going and loves almond milk. You are most likely into astrology, crystal energy, tarot card readings, and lots of candles. Your favorite genre of movies is probably high school coming of age films. You are a very ambitious person, and you like a lot of mystery in your life.

BLUE/GREEN

Blue and/or green LED lights mean you are a very grounded person. You are probably a fairly mentally stable person (both light colors stimulate happiness in the brain), and you love to be a person who grows in worldly experiences. You are probably someone who wants to take advantage of your study abroad opportunities because you are interested in traveling, and learning as much about the world as possible. Your dorm room most likely has a tapestry of a beach scene, or a mandala pattern. You are a very loyal friend, you are trustworthy, and very intelligent.  

YELLOW/ORANGE

Very obviously, yellow and orange are a happy, hippy color combination. If you use these colors on your LED lights you most likely are very into the boho style, and dream of surfing on the beaches of hawaii someday. While your mind may always be focused on sunny beach days and exploration, you are also a very studious person. You care a lot about your environment, and are most likely a feminist. You always have crafty projects in the works, and a love for cats. You radiate positive, bright energy, you are courageous, confident, and friendly, and love to find personal success. 

Cara Fisher

Temple '23

Hi! I'm Cara, from Bucks County Pennsylvania studying Media Studies and Production at Temple University. I am a staff writer for my HerCampus chapter’s Campus Life and News section. I love photography and video work, social media, and anything pink!
Delaney Mills is a Senior at Temple University majoring in Communication Studies. She's has a love for fashion and Harry Styles. She can usually be found at the Bagel Hut on campus or in her bed watching New Girl. Follow her on Instagram @duhlaneyyy!!