Surefire ways to make memories and step out of your comfort zone.

Whether you’re a senior, junior, sophomore, or freshman, the countdown to graduation looms over us all. I blinked once, and I am already a senior. In preparation for graduating in the spring, I am compiling a list of places to go, and quests to complete before you graduate.  

Make a Friend in Your Class 

Everyone is hesitant to start a conversation with someone in their class, but it is so rewarding. Just a simple “Hey, how’s it going?” or “Hey, we have [insert class here together, right?” can go a long way into forming friendships, or at the least, help you when you’re stuck on a homework assignment. 

Go to a College Party (At Least Once) 

Everyone should experience a college party at least once. If you’re shy, it’s a great way to meet new people and let loose. Don’t worry so much if you look stupid dancing to your favorite song—because you don’t. Britney Spears said it best: “There’s only two types of people in the world: the ones that entertain, and the ones that observe.” 

Study at the Library 

Did you really go to college if you never had your standard study session at the college library? Bring a pair of headphones, your laptop, some fun pens, and have your aesthetic study session. It is a nice way to relax and get some homework done, so you’re really killing two birds with one stone here. 

Attend a Football Game 

Show some school spirit before you graduate! Football games are a great excuse to get out of the house and get some free swag. Plus, student tickets are free. 

Set Up Your LinkedIn 

LinkedIn is so important in your professional career and making one while you’re in college puts you at an advantage. Build connections by connecting with friends, classmates, and professors. It is also a great tool to find internships and jobs, as well as connect with professionals you meet at career fairs. 

Schedule a Meeting with a Professor 

In addition to making connections on LinkedIn, making real connections with your professors goes a long way. Take advantage of office hours, talk to your professors about your career goals, and ask about internship and job opportunities. Chances are that your professor knows somebody in the industry that they can pass your resume to or get you connected with. 

Pie a Frat Guy 

This is one I still need to complete but hear me out: you get to pie a frat guy and help charity. Definitely a win. 

Join a Club 

There are so many diverse clubs at school, so make the most of it! Join a club for something you have always wanted to try, and even get involved in professional organizations related to your major.  

Read Outside 

Being able to feel comfortable spending time by yourself is such an important skill to have. Grab a good book, your water bottle, and a nice towel or blanket, and head to a nice, grassy area of campus to read while it’s still warm out. Not only will you look like the main character, but you get some time away from technology.  

There are so many more adventures to go on and memories to make at college, but these are just a few items on the list to get started with. I wish you all the best on your college experience! 

Brynne is a senior Advertising major at Temple University concentrating in Copywriting and Art Direction. She is interested in all things fashion, music, romance, and art. When she is not writing for Her Campus, you can find Brynne creating her billionth Spotify playlist, frequenting the nearest spot selling iced coffee and bagels and lox, or online shopping.