What to Do This Fall Season If You’re Scared of Ghosts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Fall is in full swing in the city of Philadelphia. The leaves are changing, boots are being broken out again and there are plenty of PSLs consumed as weather cools down and days get shorter.

As fall is beginning in the city, there are a variety of events you can attend to get into the spirit. Halloween is approaching, and while some people may not enjoy the haunted attractions Philly has to offer, there is plenty to do to experience some good fall fun.

On Oct. 29th from 12 p.m. – 5 p.m., South Street’s Headhouse district will be throwing its annual Fall Pumpkin Fest. The event has events all day to satisfy fall fans of all ages, without being too scary.

This event will take place at the Historic Headhouse Square Shambles on 2nd Street between Pine and Lombard and will be happening in both rain or shine. With South Street being only a quick train or subway ride away from Temple’s campus, it is easy for students to attend without being too inconvenient.

The Fall Pumpkin Fest is perfect for those who may not be able to make it out to their favorite orchard or fall festival around home. Through the day there will be free pumpkin painting, a Fall Bazaar, hay rides and even multiple performances from groups throughout Philadelphia.

Through out the day there will be circus performances, horse and wagon hay rides, shopping throughout South Street’s businesses, mazes and seasonal food for sale. The Philadelphia Circus Arts/Airplay School will be on hand for all day performances accompanied by a live band. Along with that, 101.1 will be on hand to provide music and giveaways throughout the day.

Along with the fun that will bring the kid out in all of us, Philadelphia Brewing Company and Commonwealth Ciders will be providing the beverages for those 21 and up. Making this an event to appeal to all ages!

South Street itself is a hub for culture and entertainment through the year in Philadelphia. If you haven’t walked up and down this bustling street, this festival is the perfect motivation for experiencing what south street is all about. After attending this event be sure to stop at Jim’s Steaks for a famous Philly cheesesteak and check out the cool shops and bars that line the street.

For more information on this event check out their Twitter, Facebook page, or website.            

Samara is currently a senior Journalism major at Temple University. She has always possessed a passion for writing and currently serves as the Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Temple. Eventually, she hopes to work in the magazine industry. In her free time, she loves exploring the city of Philadelphia, trying new restaurants, and attending concerts. Samara can be reached at samara.grossel@temple.edu.