This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

This weekend, I took a trip to Manhattan and decided to capture some of the special moments while being there. The architecture mixed in with the beautiful city lights makes taking the perfect picture easy while also creating a cool aesthetic. I especially like to take these kinds of photos, because when I look back at memories in my past, these photos bring me back to the moment. Here are a few photos from my NYC adventure:

U247 Manhattan:

This was taken at a cute little coffee shop in Hell’s Kitchen Manhattan. The coffee and tea came with heart detailed foam on the top. It was a great place to study and do the school work that I had to catch up on for the week. Also, the place kept us warm from the brisk weather outside. It is definitely somewhere that I’ll be visiting during my next NYC trip!

Apartment building in Manhattan:

I really like taking photos of the many skyscrapers in Manhattan. It’s rare that two designs are the same, making each one so interesting to look at.

Columbus Circle:

The Christmas season makes the city even brighter. The lights on every tree and the festive decorations make the vibes in the city so cheerful. One of my favorite times to take pictures is at night when the trees are lit.

Street in Brooklyn:

The graffiti on a random sidewalk in Brooklyn caught my eye when walking to a nearby store.

City view outside my apartment:

This photo was taken by Central Park, and overlooked the cloudy city. It reminded me of a French-styled photo. I love how you can see the city through the paned glass window.

Store building in Manhattan:

On the way home, I decided to capture a picture of a building with cool fire escapes on the side. I think that fire escapes are unique and appealing to a building, and can give a lot of character.

Subway under Central Park:

Subways are usually thought of as being ugly and gross, but they are actually interesting and appealing, in my opinion. I think that looking at subways from a new perspective allows you to actually appreciate the structure and complexity. Photos like these are rarely captured, but they allow people to become more open-minded and actually think about the hidden beauty.

Bakery in Manhattan:

I love looking at cute window bakery shops, and there were plenty to gaze into while in New York.

New York City is such a great place for photography, and I love the vibes that the city brings. The architecture and the designs of buildings are so amazing and intricate. The simple, barely-edited photos — the one that may even be a little off center and kind of blurry — are often the best ones. You don’t have to be a professional photographer to take photos that people will love. Your style is your own, which makes taking photos special. I can’t wait to go back into the city and take some more!

Hi! I am a senior marketing major at Temple University! I have been a part of Her Campus Temple for three years now and it has furthered my passion for writing and creative content!
When Rachel isn't obsessively drinking iced coffee by the gallon or binge watching true crime videos on YouTube, you can probably find her writing about her failed love life. She is currently a  junior (*she's ancient*) journalism major at Temple University, and is a Her Campus Temple Campus Correspondent, a Temple Student Government Social Media Manager and a 2020 Owl Team Student Coordinator.