We Love Booties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Every fashionista’s favorite season has arrived. Fall is here and that means it’s time to start hitting up those sales for this season’s staple item: booties.

Booties are the perfect fall shoe because not only are they trendy, and they also fit all shapes and sizes. Sometimes finding boots that fit can be difficult for wide calf girls, but that’s no concern with booties.

Booties are the best way to to switch your summer styles into fall fashion.

Temple University students are never hesitant to discuss what their favorite type of boot is.

Senior Titilayo Unegbu says she likes all boots as long as they are comfortable. “When I’m cold I prefer Uggs. I do like the ankle boots without the heels, but the booties with the heels are so uncomfortable. You think because the heel is chunky it wouldn’t be so bad, they literally feel like real heels.”

Junior Efe Oemeha says her preference depends on both her mood and the occasion. “When I’m  feeling lazy and ugly, I wear Uggs. When I want to look cute I wear over-the-knee boots. If I’m going somewhere and I have to look professional, I wear thick-heeled booties.”

Both students admit to looking at others for inspiration.

Unegbu says celebrities can influence her purchases when it comes to shoes. “If I get a pair of shoes and see Karreuche with a similar pair, I feel better about my purchase. For me, if someone stylish has them, I don’t feel as bad for buying them.”

Oemeha says she gets her best tips and tricks from Instagram. “If I have a pair of shoes, I’ll look at fashion pages to see how other people wore them,”

Here are five booties that are a must have for this Fall season:

The military bootie Carolina from JustFab.com is an absolute favorite.  You can buy these cute lace-up combat boots in three different colors from to match all your favorite Fall outfits. The best part is if you’re a new member to Just Fab you can score them during their two for 39.90 sale.

Check out  Malvina from the one and only Steve Madden. These black suede booties with fringe on the side just scream fall fashion. Wear this bootie for date night or a night out on the town with your girls. Although, they do have a steeper price at $149.95 they are still a complete must-have! You can find this stylish bootie at Stevemadden.com

You will adore Aldo’s  super sexy leather booties named Chelsea. They add an edgy flare to any of your outfits. They are also a bit pricey at $130, but their cute design is well worth it! They also come in three different colors! What could be better than that?

Penelope from Target is the bootie that you can wear to a work event, on a date or a night with friends! This versatile stiletto-heeled bootie sells for $34.99. It comes in three essential colors so you can pick the best shoe for your wardrobe.

Every girl needs a fierce shoe collection to kick of a new season, so don’t forget about platforms! Adorable faux-leather lace-up boots from Forever 21 are a must. You can purchase their boots in two colors for just $27.90 each. It is a complete steal!

I am a 19-year-old Broadcast Journalism/ Public Relations major at Temple University. I have dreams of reporting entertainment news in Spanish one day. I love Trey Songz!
Logan is a junior journalism major, and serves as Campus Correspondent.  She is also the proud president of Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Nu, her sorority. Logan is typically super busy, but still dedicates hours to reading a Cosmo from front to back...twice. Logan loves all things social media, especially following puppy accounts on Instagram. Her dream is to break into the magazine industry and help empower other women to pursue their dreams, whatever that may be.