Want to get involved in HCTU? Meet the Editors!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Hey all you Lady Owls (and gents as well!),

Looking to break into the magazine industry and don’t know where to start? Look no futher than RIGHT HERE. Her Campus Temple University (HCTU as the HCTU Crew lovingly refers to it) is an online magazine aimed at Lady Owls and written ENTIRELY by students. Not only is HCTU a fun, interactive way to get involved in TU’s campus, but it’s a FAB way to build your resume and clips! Sound intriguing? Below is a list of short bios of the HCTU Editors — they’re all your fellow classmates that stepped up and showed interest in HCTU — shoot one of them an email expressing your interest and they’ll throw you back some story ideas to pick up.

Like the idea of HCTU, but writing isn’t your forte? There are SO many positions within HCTU that don’t require writing — photography and publicity positions are absolutely needed, as well as general ideas! If you know of something going on on campus that you’d like covered or think it’d be interesting, let our PR Rep Jaimee know! In addition, we’re ALWAYS looking for a CAMPUS CUTIE and CAMPUS CELEBRITY to add to our site — so if you’ve scoped out a cute guy on campus and think he’s the ideal TU Cutie, nominate him on the bottom of our page :) Know a great up-and-coming band, teacher, alumni, student, or ANYONE related to temple? Tell us about him or her so they can be featured in our campus celebrity column! (Great way to earn publicity, folks.)

So, moral of the story? Don’t be shy.. shoot us an e-mail. There’s an opportunity on the HCTU Crew for EVERYONE at TU!

Hope to hear from ya soon!

Your HCTU Pres,
<3 Alyssa (alyssabrindisi@hercampus.com)

Meet Maryline Dossou. Maryline is a junior Journalism major at Temple. Although one day she wants to write for major publications, she has a passion for fiction, and plans to release a series of fiction books sometime in the next few years. Ultimately, she would like to be a renowned author, occasional musician, journalist, humanitarian, and much more. This may seem like a lot, but for someone who has accomplished everything she’s ever put her mind to, Maryline is unstoppable and insatiable. She recently got a job as an intern with Philly Weekly, and is currently freelancing for the publication. Her hunger for learning, writing, proper spelling and grammar, and empowering ladies has led her to Her Campus, and she is excited to be part of it. She also has a blog and feels no shame in plugging it: marylinesays.blogspot.com.
She can be reached by email at
maryline.dossou@temple.edu

Meet Jennifer Nguyen. Jennifer Nguyen is a freshman double majoring in journalism and Spanish at Temple University. She is from Warrington, Pennsylvania and is thrilled to be living in such a lively and exciting city now. Jennifer has been involved in writing for many years and yearns to work for a big publication in New York City or beyond in the near future. In another life, she’d be a journalist, comedy writer, and pop star; though at the moment just being a journalist will do. Despite being a self-proclaimed hispanophile, she has a little love affair with France. She loves foreign films, dark chocolate, platform pumps, and a beautiful game called soccer. Jennifer is extremely excited to be writing for Her Campus Temple University and starting her budding career in journalism.
She can be reached at tuc52547@temple.edu

Meet Lauren Petrie. Lauren is a Freshman Journalism Major at Temple University. She grew up in Pawcatuck, CT and hopes to further her Journalism career after graduation in Philadelphia or Boston. She is currently a Photographer for the Temple University yearbook The Templar and also participates in the Temple University Club Equestrian Team. Coming from the suburbs, she’s found a new love for the city and everything it entails. Some of her favorite things include playing lacrosse, jamming out to Third Eye Blind with her Skull Candy headphones, watching tear-jerker movies with her friends and Ben & Jerry’s, flannel shirts, Urban Outfitters and the beach.
She can be reached at tuc42821@temple.edu

Meet Michelle Kraus. Michelle is a Senior Magazine Journalism major at Temple. She has written for a varirty of women’s publications and produced articles on everything from fashion, entertainment, beauty, and even politics.  As a versatile journalist, Michelle can cover any topic and deliver a great story, but her soul passion and expertise is health and fitness.  A daily member of the gym, and a dedicated health nut are a few words that describe her lifestyle.  When she isn’t working out or writing stories, Michelle is performing her duties as a Resident Assistant at Temple Towers.  This is her second and final year in the program.  Michelle has an extremly loving family that includes her mother and three sisters.  She is a wonderful friend and cares very deeply about the people that she loves.  The opportunity of being Health and Fitness editor at Her Campus TU is absolutely amazing and a huge step in the direction of her dream job, which is to become editor of a Women’s Health magazine.
She can be reached at tua84760@temple.edu

Meet Bianca Crespo. Bianca Crespo is a junior English major at Temple University. She studied abroad in London, England, through Arcadia University’s FYSAE program and transferred to Temple for her sophomore year. London is very close to her heart and she hopes to live there again someday, especially since this marvelous city inspired her writing and photography, two hobbies she enjoys very much. Additionally, Bianca couldn’t live without books, horror films, and Halloween. You’ll most likely find her eccentric self at the local indie cinema or exploring a foreign country. Her aspirations include the publication of a novel, the creation of a horror film, and the opening of her own photography studio. She is very happy to be on the team of Her Campus!
She can be reached by email at
tuc26765@temple.edu.

Meet Christie Francis. Christie Francis is a junior journalism major with a minor in Spanish.  While she could potentially morph the two and travel the world with her skills, her dream job is designing magazine layouts.  That doesn’t mean however that she wouldn’t love to travel.  After spending five weeks this past summer studying abroad in London, she’s itching to board a plane and go explore the rest of the world.  In the meantime though, she’s excited to be a part of HerCampus.com representing Temple and Philadelphia.
She can be reached by email at chrisfran@temple.edu.

Meet Andrea Cicio. Andrea Cicio is a freshman Journalism major at Temple University. Hailing from Long Island, New York, she loves every moment in Philadelphia; especially because she’s always wanted to live in the city. Since childhood, Andrea has religiously read, and been intrigued by magazines, so she is ecstatic to start making her mark in the magazine world by being a member of Her Campus. She dreams of the day when she has a prominent job at either Marie Claire, or Allure. Andrea’s life would not be complete without Glee, Nutella, or her addiction to Sephora and all things cosmetic. She also suffers from an unhealthy obsession for John Mayer.
She can be reached by e-mail at
tuc49438@temple.edu.

Meet Jaimee Swift. Jaimee Swift is a sophomore majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strived to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!
She can be reached by email at tuc30313@temple.edu.

Alyssa is a Journalism student at Temple University. She began her college career at WVU, but transferred schools when her itch for the city life became too unbearable. She grew up in a suburb 10 minutes outside Philadelphia, and envisions moving to Boston, NYC, or CC Philadelphia some day soon. Her ideal job involves working for a glossy and traveling the globe. She's a certified GLEEk, would rather wear heels than flats, has an addiction to Joe's Jeans, and is a closet book nerd.