Valentine’s Day-Themed Activities To Explore In The Great City Of Philly 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Have fun in the City of Brotherly Love this holiday season! 

Valentine’s Day is a day filled with love and happiness and makes for the perfect time to check out new fun Philly spots! Whether one envisions a romantic dinner for the special day or plans on spending it with the gals, Philadelphia has something for everyone! Check out these spots this holiday season. 

Romantic Valentine’s Train Ride on the New Hope Railroad

This excursion will be available from Feb. 10-14, you must be 21 or older to book and tickets are roughly $125 per person. The ride lasts an hour and drives through Buck’s County foothills. The tour includes a delicious charcuterie board and a choice of wine, beer,  or whiskey flight, yum!

Axe Your Ex

This fun and punny Valentine’s Day activity is held by Kick Axe Philly. This event will be held on Valentine’s Day only starting at 4 p.m., and tickets are roughly $35 per person for 75 minutes of axe throwing. This will be Kick Axe Philly’s fifth annual “Axe Your Ex”  Valentine’s Day event with a bar, drink/food menu available, and plenty of single-mingling!

Magic Gardens Valentine’s Day Tour 

Tours will be held at Philadelphia’s Magic Garden on Wednesday, February 14th, there are two tour times to choose from, 6:30 pm or 8 pm, tickets are $25 per person. Tours last roughly 45 minutes followed by more time to explore on your own and each group is limited to only 16 people, perfect for an intimate date or time with the gals! 

Valentine’s Day Sweetheart Skate

The Independence Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest is open all season but provides a special experience for Cupid’s Day! A special couples package will be available on Valentine’s Day only from 7- 11 p.m. Included in each ticket: 

• Ice skating admission and rental
  • One rose per couple
  • Keepsake photo
  • Live DJ entertainment
  • Couples craft from Amy Kelly
  • Complimentary hot chocolate (1 per ticket)

The best part is that each ticket is only $27 per person and welcomes all ages!

All Love is Gay: A Valentine’s Day Showcase

What’s better than a good laugh this holiday season? Doors open at 6:30 pm with a two-drink minimum required per person and is a 21+ comedy show. Tickets start at $32 per person and there are three show times for the event, 7:30 pm, 8 pm, and 9:45 pm. You’ll be hearing from special comedians Samantha Ruddy, Micheal Beavers, Rahel Dispenza, and more!

Make sure to check out at least one of these fun activities for the day love, as they are exclusively only here for the holiday! Whether you prefer a quiet intimate setting, an action-packed environment, or a scary-filled scene, Philadelphia has all of that and more!

The place for all of my creative writing pieces in the fashion/beauty and arts/entertainment world. Thanks for stopping by <3