The Ultimate Holiday Party Survival Guide

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

The holiday season is in full swing, which means two things – finals are fast approaching, and everyone you know is throwing holiday parties.

While this is undoubtedly the most wonderful time of the year, it can also be the most stressful. But fear not, we’ve created the ultimate holiday party survival guide so you can get through this holiday season as smoothly as possible. Here are the 10 things you need to survive holiday parties:

1. A funny ugly sweater

Whether you love them or hate them (I personally love them), you’re bound to get invited to at least one ugly sweater party this season, so switch things up with a sweater that celebrates your favorite TV show. We love this one with a quote from the inspirational Tina from Bobs Burgers.

2. Moisturizer

Colder weather means dry skin, so having moisturizer on hand is a must. This hand cream from Being by Sanctuary smells amazing and is small enough to fit in your purse. 

3. Your go-to eyeshadow palette 

Holiday parties are the perfect time to bust out your favorite eyeshadow palette and play around with all the fun, colorful and shimmery colors that are too extra for everyday. Our personal favorite is The Tarteist™ PRO Palette – with 16 matte shades and 4 duochrome shades the possibilites are endless.

4. Your favorite mascara

This one goes hand and hand with #3 – no eye look is ever complete without a good, black mascara, and Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ is one of the best. This vegan mascara acts like a push-up bra for your lashes, curling, volumizing and conditioning your lashes. 

4. Body/face glitter

The holidays are the perfect time to break out the face and body glitter you bought for halloween and have not touched since. We love this one from Nyx.

5. Krazy Glue

Accidents (aka your heel breaking off) happen all the time so it’s good to always be prepared, and these Krazy Glue singles got you covered. There’s just enough in one tube for a fast fix for wood, metal, plastic, glass, vinyl or ceramics and they’re small enough to throw in your purse, so you never have to worry about a broken heel again.

6. Under eye cream

Long nights out (ahem, studying) often leave you looking less than your best, but this Alba Botanica® Fast Fix For Puffy Eyes is here to save the day. It relieves your puffy eyes by using cucumber, caffeine, and green tea to stimulate, energize and reduce puffiness, and it’s small enough to throw in your backpack (so you have it on hand after taking finals and crying).

7. A bomb holiday jumpsuit

2017 was the year of the jumpsuit and it looks like the reign will continue through 2018. They’re perfect for holiday parties – this one from Express is our personal favorite. 

8. A motivational t-shirt 

#Holidaypartyszn is unfortunately the same time as #finalsszn, so when you’re trying to find the motivation to get sh*t done the morning after a night out, put on a tank that’s going to motivate you. Our personal favorite is this limited edition tank, a collaboration from #ActuallySheCan and Le Motto

9. Comfortable heels

Comfortable heels are a must when you’re party hopping and this pair from Steve Madden are super comfortable, so you won’t have to walk to get pizza barefoot.

10. Furry Jacket

Furry jackets will keep you warm while still helping you look stylish. Snag this one from Forever 21.

There you have it collegiates – your ultimate holiday party survival guide. Happy holidays and good luck on finals!