Wellness

Tuttleman Counseling: A Hidden Gem for Temple Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Whether you’re feeling stressed out about classes or anxious and scared about life, you should never feel like you are alone. Temple University provides a great (and free) resource for its students that isn’t always talked about. Located at 1700 N Broad St, – right next to Wendy’s – Tuttleman Counseling is on the second floor. Tuttleman is filled with so many great counselors, which will allow you to be able to find the person who can best help you.

College can  be a very difficult time for a lot of people. Add the current situation that we’re all living in and things can get pretty overwhelming. If for any reason you ever need to talk to someone, Tuttleman counseling services is an amazing resource for Temple students. Things are different now that almost every aspect of our life is virtual – but Tuttleman is still ready and available to help. To start, you go through the “walk-in” hours – you fill out a survey that answers some basic questions about you, your current state, and why you are seeking counseling. You will then be contacted by a counselor for an initial assessment and to further talk about the questions you answered on the survey. Next, Tuttleman sets you up with a counselor that they think can best help you. Along with one-on-one counseling, Tuttleman has various group counseling sessions that you can drop in on at any time. Whatever your needs are, Tuttleman is ready and able to provide you with whatever is best suited to help you.

Whether you are looking for short-term or long-term counseling, just know that Temple University provides a great service for its students. From firsthand experience, Tuttleman is really great all-around. It’s not talked about too much or even advertised a lot, but the counseling services really are one of Temple’s hidden gems. You should never feel like you are alone, and if you ever do feel like that, take the initiative to find someone to talk to. 

Click the link here, to access Tuttleman’s services.  

Hi!! I am a 20-year old Communications Studies Major here at Temple. Most of the time I am probably watching The Office or Criminal Minds and hanging out with my friends. I love to write and I am so excited to be a part of Her Campus!
Delaney Mills is a Senior at Temple University majoring in Communication Studies. She's has a love for fashion and Harry Styles. She can usually be found at the Bagel Hut on campus or in her bed watching New Girl. Follow her on Instagram @duhlaneyyy!!