This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

2019 has been impressive and successful so far with all the media that’s been releasing in the past few months. Ranging from music, to TV shows/documentaries, to movies… we’re all spoiled with new content this year.

Here are five must-see movies that have been released/are releasing in 2019.

1. “Five Feet Apart”

Almost similar to The Fault In Our Stars, this teenage romance movie will tug on your heart strings, especially with Cole Sprouse being the love interest. I had the chance to see this movie on the day it came out and I loved it. It was funny, sad, heartfelt, and made you want to hug your loved ones. Definitely a top movie to see this year.

2. “After”

This movie is almost a guilty pleasure movie, because you know it’ll be predictable, but you’ll watch it and love it anyway.

If you haven’t read the book, then you’re in for a rollercoaster of emotions. This is one of those bad-boy-and-good-girl-who-hate-each-other-but-then-fall-in-love cliche romance movies, but trust me, there are so many twists and turns that happen. (I’ve read the book, so I would know!) However, I still think it’ll be enjoyable to watch as it’s been really hyped up so far.

3. “The Sun is Also A Star”

The trailer for this movie really caught my attention and made me want to watch it. It includes a really diverse cast which is extremely impressive and makes me want to support the movie even more.

It gives me Everything, Everything vibes, which if you’ve seen that movie, you know how good it is. This film looks to be really promising and I’m excited to see it for myself.

4. “Isn’t It Romantic”

While I personally wouldn’t want to go and see this movie for myself, I know a lot of my friends enjoyed it and it’s been getting a lot of hype. It’s a rom com that makes fun of rom coms… how ironic. However, the cast does make me want to watch it since it features a lot of great actors/actresses like Liam Hemsworth and Priyanka Chopra.

5. “Long Shot”

This is a movie that looks really unique and promising. Another rom com, but with this cast (Charlize Theron and Seth Rogan) and a non-cliche plot, it seems like it would be really entertaining to watch.

While there are a ton of movies coming out this year, I think these are the most promising to be released/teased so far. I encourage you to watch these, especially with your friends!

Lover of the CATS and Law and Order SVU