Top 5 Most Anticipated Albums from Female Artists in 2019

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

2018 was a great year for women in music, and 2019 is looking to be even better. 

Here are just a few of the female artists that will have new music out in 2019:

1. Ariana Grande

It’s only been a few months since Ariana Grande’s release of her hit album, Sweetener, and she’s just recently released her newest album titled Thank U, Next. Fans have been ecstatic to receive so much music in such a short amount of time, and with all the buzz that Ariana has been receiving lately along with the success of her last album, we can be sure that this will be another hit.

2. Billie Eilish

With Billie’s first full length album coming out, titled When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?, fans can’t wait to finally have more music from the seventeen-year-old singer and songwriter. Her smash hits Ocean Eyes and Bellyache are her claim to fame, and while Eilish has changed her sound and style since those releases, we can expect only the best from her as she goes on to become more successful with each song she releases.

3. Lana Del Rey

While there’s no set date for Lana’s new album to drop, she promised fans that it would be coming this year and it’s highly anticipated. Her most recent album, Lust For Life, came out in 2017, and ever since then fans have been begging for more and more. Some singles she released in the past two months, titled “Mariners Apartment Complex” and “Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have – But I Have It” proved to fans that her new album will be well worth the wait.

4. Miley Cyrus

Miley hasn’t exactly announced a new album just yet, but she’s been giving fans little teases while she’s been teasing it with a few songs lately, especially Mark Ronson’s hit, “Nothing Breaks Like A Heart” which she featured on, and her cover of John Lennon’s “Happy XMas (The War Is Over)”. She hasn’t released an album since Younger Now in 2017, so we can expect her to release something relatively soon.

5. Selena Gomez

Like Miley, Selena Gomez hasn’t exactly announced that new music is coming soon, she definitely teased it on her social media by teasing that she’s been working on a “new project”, which she also claimed has been finished. What else would fans guess than a new album? She hasn’t released new music since her 2015 album titled Revival, so it’s definitely time for her to climb the charts once again.

With so many strong women in the music industry lately, there’s no doubt that we’ll get some iconic songs this year.

Lover of the CATS and Law and Order SVU