This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Fall is officially here, and we couldn’t be more excited. Yes, the pumpkin-flavored everything is amazing and Halloween is right around the corner, but fall fashion is, arguably, the best part about the upcoming season. Whether you are looking to revamp your entire wardrobe or just grab a few new staple pieces, we have compiled a list of the five best trends for fall 2018 to get you started. 

Animal Print

Animal print may seem super old-school, but it has made a serious comeback this fall. If you’re looking to experiment with new patterns and/or textures, try pairing a cheetah print jacket with some jeans and cute heels for a sophisticated, yet edgy look.

Plaid Pants

Plaid plants are a must-have in your wardrobe this fall. They are super versatile and can be paired with virtually anything. Match these pants with anything from a big, cozy sweater to a basic graphic tee and some booties for an effortless (and comfy) ensemble.

Blazers

Blazers are a great way to achieve the “business casual” look when you need to, but they’re also perfect for dressing up an everyday outfit. This fall, dress up a pair of jeans and a t-shirt with a cute blazer or even get one to match those plaid pants for an easy, put-together outfit. 

Big Earrings

Bold earrings are my secret weapon to dressing up any basic outfit. Adding a pair of geometric hoops or colorful tassels can make a statement and bring your favorite fall outfit to the next level.

Chunky SneakersAside from the typical booties, chunky fashion sneakers are definitely a hot trend for Fall 2018. Paired with some ripped boyfriend jeans or even a simple pair of leggings, these shoes offer the holy trinity of fashion—style, comfort and ease.

We’re definitely all upset that summer has come to an end, but with these trends on the rise, we have everything to look forward to this fall. Be on the lookout for these trends in your favorite stores this season and get inspired to experiment with your wardrobe!

Temple University Class of 2021