This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Stuck in a reading slump? Need something new to read? Ever wanted to get into graphic novels and comics but didn’t know where to start? Well look no further than Webtoon, a new way to read comics. Webtoon is an app that lets you read comics with a wide range of genres and comic styles. So, to get you started on your Webtoon journey, here are my top 10 favorite webtoons.

Lore Olympus: Rachel Smythe (updates every Saturday)

Want more Greek mythology in your life? Enjoy a modern retelling of the story of Hades and Persephone. It’s also the first webtoon I ever read, so check it out.

True Beauty: Yaongyi (updates every Wednesday)

If you’re into makeup, K-Drama’s and love triangles, then this is the comic for you. Follow Jugyeong and her journey of self-love, acceptance and boy drama.

Let’s Play: Mongie (updates every Tuesday)

Another romance, but with the added love triangle for extra fun. “Let’s Play” is a super fun and sexy story filled with games, memes and a cute lil dog. Also season two just came out, so there’s still time to catch up.

I love Yoo: Quimchee (updates every Friday)

Arguably one of the most talked about webtoons because of its super long hiatus, “I Love Yoo” is an amazing coming of age story that was worth the wait. Follow Shin-Ae on a world wind journey filled with romance and troubles. *This also includes a love triangle lmao*

Saya: Storybard (updates every other Sunday)

It’s spooky season my dudes and you’re in for a scary story. Following her mother’s horrible death, Thana decides to find her mother’s killer. However, not everything is as it seems. If you like true crime and Japanese horror, then this is the webtoon for you — *I honestly couldn’t put my phone down because it’s so good.*

Unordinary: Uru-chan (returns late November) 

If you’re into “My Hero Academia,” this is the comic for you. The comic follows John Doe (yes that’s his name) and his seemingly normal everyday life in high school where all of his other classmates are superheroes. When one of John’s friends ends up powerless, it’s up to John to help her out in any way that he can *wink wink nudge nudge.*

Muted: Miranda Mundt (updates every Friday) 

More spooky stuff for this ~spooky season.~ This comic follows young witch Camille and her journey to finding the truth about her family and herself. So, if you like witchcraft and American Horror Story: Coven, then this is right up your alley. 

Edith: Swansgarden (updates every Monday)

Hopeless romantics unite! Edith is an insecure, hopeless romantic waiting on her prince charming and happy ending (can’t say I blame her). Insert love triangle madness, and you get this lovely and highly relatable comic. Plus, the art style is so pretty. 

Big Jo: Jungle Julia (updates every Monday) 

This comic is the one I am currently reading. “Big Jo” follows Joan dealing with everyday life as a teenager in high school. High school isn’t easy for Joan — she tries to stay true to herself while being labeled “the fat girl” of the school and dealing with bullies and people trying to change her.

Gourmet Hound: Leehama (updates every Sunday) 

The final comic! “Gourmet Hound” follows Lucy, a woman with a very strong sense of smell (I’m not joking) on her search of finding the chef from her favorite restaurant. This search ends up bringing the ghosts of many people’s pasts, so it’s up to Lucy to set everything right. 

Webtoon is one of my favorite apps right now because of the amount of content that it gives you. There’s so much variety, and new comics keep getting added every day. If you’re into comics or just looking for something new to read, give Webtoon a try. Webtoon is available in the App Store and Google Play Store. 

Hellooo! I'm Sydnee a senior at Temple University studying advertising. I watch way too much t.v. and eat tons of pizza. When I'm not sitting in my room (which is often) you can catch me at Jamba Juice laughing at some random meme I found on Pinterest.
When Rachel isn't obsessively drinking iced coffee by the gallon or binge watching true crime videos on YouTube, you can probably find her writing about her failed love life. She is currently a  junior (*she's ancient*) journalism major at Temple University, and is a Her Campus Temple Campus Correspondent, a Temple Student Government Social Media Manager and a 2020 Owl Team Student Coordinator.