Top 10 Most Extravagant Celebrity Valentines Day Gifts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

As we begin to move on from the season of love, it’s important to look back on the celebrity Valentine’s day gifts that make each of us just a little more jealous that our partners are not platinum recording artists or famous actors. Every Valentine’s day, a swarm of social media stories and TMZ posts highlight the gifts that we envy most. Here is a list of the top 10 most extravagant celebrity Valentine’s day gifts of the 2000s and 2010s. 

*This list is in no particular order* 

1. Kimye

To start, we have the infamous Kimye couple. Kanye is known for always going hard with his gifts for Kim, and this particular Valentine’s was no exception. When Kim woke up on Valentine’s Day 2019, she was surprised with a living room full of pink, white and red roses placed in individual vases, along with professional saxophonist, Kenny G. It seems like, for Kim, almost every Valentine’s day is something straight out of a movie. Of course, this clearly did not age well but it was memorable while it lasted.

1.  MGK & Megan Fox

Next up is Hollywood’s most recent “It” couple, particularly for the punk and emo scene, Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly. This couple has become known for their intense acts of affection, and their deep and dark love for one another. Valentine’s Day 2021 was just another opportunity for the pair to show off their “Twin flames” status, that makes them “two halves of the same soul.” MGK revealed to the public that he was wearing a necklace that had a drop of Fox’s blood inside, on Valentines day. This gift is just another demonstration of MGK and Fox’s wild love for each other — perhaps a foreshadowing of their recent engagement and following engagement ring (which has thorns for a band).

1.   Michael B. Jordan & Lauren Harvey

One of the sweetest new Hollywood couples is Creed actor Michael B. Jordan and model Lauren Harvey. Harvey is also known for being the daughter of Steve Harvey. In 2021, the couple spent their first Valentine’s day together, and Jordan created a day Harvey will never forget. The actor rented out a local aquarium for just them, surprising Harvey with a dinner in one of the underwater tunnels. The dinner table was full of bouquets of roses, candles, and a meal from the well known Japanese eatery, “Nobu.” 

1.  Chip and Joanna Gaines

This next couple, known as HGTV royalty, is Chip and Joanna Gaines, the stars of the wildly successful reality show, Fixer Upper. Thousands of people fell in love with this couple on their TV screens and, although their show has ended, they still give us glimpses of their sweet love on holidays like this. In 2019, Chip wrote on one of the silos at Magnolia Market, which is located in their hometown of Waco, Texas, “Chip hearts Jo” in green lettering. This heartfelt display of love stays true to the couple that are always country at heart. 

1.  Jelena

The former teen “It” couple “Jelena” (Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez), also did not hold back with their Valentine’s celebrations. In 2014, Justin Bieber bought out an entire Los Angeles flower shop, and had them deliver the flowers to Gomez’s home. Bieber reportedly spent close to $2,000. At the age of 16, Bieber was already putting together Valentine’s plans like a seasoned pro. Nowadays, one could only dream.

1.  Brangelina

Another popular former 2000’s “It” couple, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, also spared no expense to celebrate their loved ones for this holiday. In 2011, Jolie gifted Pitt a 2,000 year old olive tree, for their home in the South of France. The estimated value of the olive tree is $18,500; which is only a bit more hefty of a price tag than the common Valentine’s gift of a bouquet of flowers. 

1.  The Beckhams

David Beckham and Victoria Beckham are the next star studded couple to make this list. The professional soccer player and singer are known for their deep love for one another, which is something they showcase each Valentines day. One of their most known gifts was one David gave to Victoria in 2006 when he gifted her an 8 million dollar Ruby Bulgari necklace. In May of that same year, she wore the necklace to the Met Gala with a matching beautiful Ruby dress. 

1.  Howard Stern & Beth Ostrosky

Some celebrities decided to use the love in the air of Valentine’s day to make the ultimate proclamation of love… an engagement! In 2007, radio host Howard Stern proposed to his then girlfriend, Beth Ostrosky, with a 5.2-carat emerald-cut diamond ring. The ring cost a reported quarter of a million dollars. Now this is, for sure, one Valentine’s day that Ostrosky will never forget. 

1.  Justin Theroux and Jennifer Aniston

The best way for some celebrity couples to spend this loving holiday, is to travel somewhere that enhances their love. The city of love is exactly one of those dreamy love destinations. In 2016, former Hollywood couple Justin Theroux and Jennifer Aniston did just that. They traveled to Paris and dined at the iconic restaurant “58 Tour Eiffel,” for their Valentine’s meal. 

1.  Katy Perry & Russel Brand

A partner in this last couple on our list received a Valentine’s day gift that is truly out of this world. I don’t mean it was super cool (although it is), I mean out of this world literally! When Katy Perry was engaged to her then husband-to-be, Russel Brand, she gifted him a flight to outer space through Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic space venture, which allegedly cost $200,000. Katy really nailed it with a grand gesture on this Valentine’s! 

This list of Valentine’s gifts are some of the most extravagant Valentines day presents ever. But whether it’s receiving a small box of chocolates from your partner, or getting a million dollar necklace, a gesture is a gesture and love is love. Happy Valentine’s day and I can’t wait to see what all of you couples have in store for next year! 

Carley Kurtz

Temple '25

Carley Kurtz is a Sophomore at Temple University pursuing a degree in Public Relations and a minor in Screen Studies. She enjoys drinking coffee, listening music, and spending time with her friends.