This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

There have been several artists recently announcing new music, and fans cannot control their excitement! Here are the hottest 10 albums coming out soon:

Selena Gomez

After staying in the shadows for the past few years, Gomez finally comes out with TWO new singles just a day apart from one another. The lead single of her album, “Lose You to Love Me,” is about letting go of a past relationship, one that fans speculate is her previous relationship with Justin Bieber. As she had fans deep in their feelings with her soft ballad, she released another single a day later, “Look at Me Now,” which is more upbeat and about knowing one’s self worth. Though the two singles sound vastly different, both are about the importance of self-growth and fans can expect their emotions to be all over with her upcoming album. 

Harry Styles, “HS2”

Following the massive success of his two-year old first debut album, Styles released a new single, “Lights Up.” The pop song gives a different sound than his freshman album’s classic rock sound, which shows the wide array of Styles’ musical range. He tells Rolling Stone that his sophomore album is “all about having sex and feeling sad.” The cryptic star leaves a trail of excitement and anticipation for his fans. 

Kesha, “High Road”

A new era of Kesha is coming with her next album that is confirmed to be released on January 10, 2020. Kesha tweets on Twitter, “I feel like this time around I reconnected to the unrestrained joy and wildness that’s always been a part of me, and in this process, I have had the most fun I’ve ever had making a record.” Fans are thrilled and cannot wait to hear a happier and healthier Kesha in this upcoming album.

Liam Payne, “LP1”

Payne is finally releasing his debut solo album on December 6, 2020, and fans could not be anymore excited! He even went ahead and released the 17 song tracklist, revealing a number of songs that fans know, such as “Strip That Down” and “Get Low.” This is definitely an exciting moment for the soloist, and fans can pre-order his album now. 

Frank Ocean

The Frank Ocean drought has ended as he released a new single, “DHL,” following his previous three-year old album, “Blonde.” The artwork of “DHL” seems to tease fans with his next album, as thirteen silhouettes are shown on the bottom with the fourth highlighted one matching the cover art of “DHL.” This hint only leaves fans anxious and wanting more from Ocean!

Louis Tomlinson, “Walls”

Following years marked by highs and lows, Tomlinson is finally releasing his first album on January 31, 2020. Beyond this exciting news, he even announced a world tour for his album! 2020 seems as though it is going to be Tomlinson’s year, and his fans have a lot coming their way.

Coldplay, “Everyday Life”

It only took four years for Coldplay to announce new music and they shared this news in a particularly interesting way. The news came out via letters personally sent to fans, and the tracklist was shared through a newspaper ad! The old-fashioned style announcement also stated that the album would be released on November 22, and would be considered a double album, with one half being called “Sunrise” and the other being called “Sunset.” This announcement is only the start of something epic coming from Coldplay!

Halsey, “Manic”

Halsey’s third album is expected to be released January 17, 2020, and Halsey considers this album to be very personal. “This is one of my first albums that I feel like I’m writing as just Ashley, from a candid perspective,” she explains to Apple Music’s Zane Lowe. She plans for this album to have a different sound than her other two, leaving her fans anticipating this release even more.

Tame Impala, “The Slow Rush”

The band announced their fourth album that is to be released next year through a teaser video on their site, following the release of their 2015 album, “Currents.” With not much being announced further besides a reveal of the cover art, the release year and the album title, fans are left on the edge of their seats waiting for this next album!

The 1975

Even while on a world tour, The 1975 multitask as they work on their next album that is projected to release next year. The band gives a sneak peek into their next album with a newly released single, “Frail State of Mind.” Lead singer Matt Healy describes the single by saying, “It’s about anxiety… it’s quite sombre,” in an interview with Zane Lowe. He goes on further to explain that the album’s tone cannot be identified from just the newest single alone, as not everything is together. “… The next one’s like a completely different tone,” Healy claims. It is evident that the band is putting in their full effort to give their fans an incredible fourth album.

Overall, the next few months are definitely going to be filled with excitement as new music continues to be released! For now, start pre-ordering to support your favorite artists and hang on tight while you wait… I am sure it will be worth it, Owls!

Kayla is currently a Communication Studies major at Temple University who enjoys writing to spread awareness and positivity.
When Rachel isn't obsessively drinking iced coffee by the gallon or binge watching true crime videos on YouTube, you can probably find her writing about her failed love life. She is currently a  junior (*she's ancient*) journalism major at Temple University, and is a Her Campus Temple Campus Correspondent, a Temple Student Government Social Media Manager and a 2020 Owl Team Student Coordinator.