Tips for Staying Warm from a Girl who is Always Cold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

As we’ve all noticed, it has gotten cold recently. It got real cold real quick and I do not appreciate it. I’m very proud of people who actually enjoy the cold, but I am not one of them. I would much rather it be scorchingly hot than freezing any day. However, there’s not much I can do to change the temperature of Philadelphia, so here’s some tricks I use to stay warm. 

My favorite thing to do when it’s cold is to carry a hot beverage with me at all times. Every day I make myself a cup of hot tea with honey before I leave for class. However, there are plenty of other options. I know a popular one is coffee, and that’s a good option too. But, hey, don’t overlook hot chocolate. It may not have caffeine, but it is just as hot and delicious as tea and coffee. 

I can admit that I think it is enough to just throw a coat on over top of my outfit. But, the real secret to being warm is the layers. The best combination I’ve found is a long sleeve shirt with a hoodie on top. On top of that, I wear a winter jacket. With that being said, there is no reason to not layer two hoodies or even three. The best thing I’ve ever purchased was a hoodie that was purposely two sizes too big so that I can wear another hoodie underneath. It’s tempting to put together a cute outfit sometimes, but when it comes to comfort, I prefer to be warm. 

The last suggestion I have may sound a little extra, but I promise it’s worth it. Hand warmers. They might be a little expensive, but they’re wonderful. Of course, they can go inside gloves to warm your hands, but that’s not all they do. They can be used to warm up any part of your body. I love to put some on the back of my neck with a scarf. Another good place is putting them in the pockets of a hoodie. 

As you can tell, I love hoodies. I mean, who doesn’t — but that’s not the point of this article. The most important thing to remember this winter is to stay warm. The cold is uncomfortable, but it can be very dangerous as well. Hopefully we can all stay warm this winter. I hope my tips help!

Chloe Maher

Temple '23

Hello! I am a PR major at Temple University! I love watching Netflix and exploring Philly! Follow my Instagram @chloeleighm !
When Rachel isn't obsessively drinking iced coffee by the gallon or binge watching true crime videos on YouTube, you can probably find her writing about her failed love life. She is currently a  junior (*she's ancient*) journalism major at Temple University, and is a Her Campus Temple Campus Correspondent, a Temple Student Government Social Media Manager and a 2020 Owl Team Student Coordinator.