This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

As I was getting ready to study for midterms, I figured I would make a playlist with some chill songs. To put a fun twist on it, I only chose songs that I’ve seen on TikTok. All of these songs are super relaxing and help calm my nerves before a big test, or just in general.

1. “deathbed” – Powfu (ft. beabadoobee)

If you’ve been on TikTok recently, you probably recognize this song from the videos captioned, “my best friend doesn’t know I like them,” and then they proceed to kiss them. This song features a remix of beabadoobee’s song “Coffee” which plays in the background. The song is super cute and perfectly matches such wholesome content!

2. “Sunflower, Vol. 6” – Harry Styles

This song has been used for everything, from dance videos to POVs and transformation videos. My favorite is probably the makeup transformation videos. Extra points if they included sunflowers in their makeup!

3. “everything i wanted” – Billie Eilish

My favorite use of this song is when people tell you to blink on the beat and the picture changes. Another version of this song includes a slowed down version that sounds really creepy when she whispers at the end.

4.“Adore You” – Harry Styles

Another Harry Styles song on TikTok right now is “Adore You.” The song has been slowed down and is mostly used for cute couples videos. I also really like the videos with a montage of aesthetically pleasing clips.

5. “Hello?” – Clairo

This song is so addicting and has been stuck in my head all week. A lot of people make videos with cool transitions that change on the beat of the song. Some of my favorites are the style inspo videos and people sending the lyrics to their crush on snapchat. 

6.“i’m closing my eyes” – potsu 

Like a lot of the other songs, this one has been slowed down to create a really cool and relaxing sound. Because it’s been slowed down so much, people started making videos of what they think the lyrics are. 

7. “I.F.L.Y.” – Bazzi

Like “Adore You”, this song is being used by couples and friends. At the part in the song where he sings “that’s my baby,” they point at their S.O. or friend. The funniest video I saw with this sound was when a girl turned to her reflection in the mirror and sang the line to herself.

I hope you enjoy these relaxing tunes as much as I do! Even though TikTok can be really addicting, at least you can find some good music recommendations. I created a playlist on Spotify with all of these songs called “chill tunes :).” Feel free to check it out, and listen to a bunch of other songs that you can vibe to! 

When Rachel isn't obsessively drinking iced coffee by the gallon or binge watching true crime videos on YouTube, you can probably find her writing about her failed love life. She is currently a  junior (*she's ancient*) journalism major at Temple University, and is a Her Campus Temple Campus Correspondent, a Temple Student Government Social Media Manager and a 2020 Owl Team Student Coordinator.