Style > Beauty

These new additions to the KEYS Soulcare line are here to level up your self-care routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

The newest body-care offerings from the brand that fuses skincare routines with self-care rituals. They will help you make space to love and cherish your body in 3 easy steps.

Most skincare professionals agree that celebrity-endorsed product lines are typically a no-go—they tend to be overpriced and under-whelming when compared to pro-skin brands. But, from my professional perspective as a licensed esthetician– Alicia Keys’ beauty and lifestyle brand, Keys Soulcare, has officially become the exception.

This is one celeb beauty brand that I am absolutely obsessed with, and honestly, you should be too.  

If you haven’t heard, Keys Soulcare initially launched in September 2020 and offers an affordable range of clean, cruelty-free skincare products and tools, all formulated with high-quality ingredients inspired by ancient beauty rituals. The offerings–created by Ms. Alicia Keys herself, and formulated with board-certified dermatologist Dr. Renee Snyder–are designed to be incorporated as part of a self-care ritual to nourish both inner and outer beauty and wellness. Each product container is adorned with an affirmation, encouraging radiance that starts from within.

The products– in their shelfie-worthy amethyst-colored glass containers–don’t just look luxurious, they feel luxurious upon application, plus they are sensitive-safe and packed full of ingredients that are sure to bring out your skin’s best self. But what really stands out about Keys Soulcare is the fact that these products make me feel beautiful—and remind me to take some time out of my busy schedule to love myself. 

This week, Keys Soulcare dropped a few new body products designed to keep your skin hydrated and glowing as the seasons change, and help you take the time out to show love to yourself. Here’s the scoop on how to incorporate the newest Soulcare products into a body-loving ritual as part of your skin care routine.  

Step 1: Body Brush your way to softer, glowing skin 

If you’ve never used a dry brush before you’re in for a treat with the Energizing Dry Body Brush. Skin brushing– a technique that originated in India–has been around for centuries. The practice remains a staple in energizing and cleansing rituals and is used to promote circulation and lymphatic detoxification while sloughing off dead skin cells. To begin, repeat the associated affirmation: “My glow is contagious,” while sweeping the brush upwards and inwards towards the heart on dry, product-free skin. Body brushing for just 5 minutes a day is a great ritual to perform before a relaxing shower or bath. Personally, it has become an effortless way to practice making time and space to examine, see, and accept my body in a non-judgmental manner. 

Step 2: Bump up your ritual with a bi or tri-weekly body polish to reveal brighter, smoother skin

To enhance the benefit of the dry brush, continue your ritual into your shower or bath time two to three times a week by exfoliating with the Mind Clearing Body Polish while affirming: “I let go of what does not serve me.” Formulated with glycolic and lactic acids—two types of AHA exfoliants—the polish chemically removes dead and dull cells on the skin’s surface to reveal brighter, fresher cells. It also contains bamboo charcoal to physically exfoliate and absorb excess dirt and oil, and coconut and sunflower seed oils to nourish the new layer of skin cells with rich antioxidants and essential fatty acids. This product has become one of my ultimate shower staples because it gently smooths any roughness or texture and moisturizes to reveal healthy soft skin.

Step 3: Lock in moisture and boost radiance post exfoliation with an oil-rich body balm

Once you’ve exfoliated and polished your skin, grab the Melting Body Balm to hydrate, calm, and soothe the skin. As you affirm: “I cherish all that I am.”massage the product as needed– I recommend using all over and focusing on especially dry areas like the knees or elbows. A little bit goes a long way with this product–as you apply you will feel the thick balm melt to an absorbent, rich oil that will restore moisture, enhance glow, and strengthen the skin’s protective barrier. This product contains a unique blend of coconut oil and shea butter– both rich in restorative fatty acids– making it particularly beneficial for use after an exfoliating ritual. As a person who loathes applying moisturizer, this balm-to-oil formula doesn’t leave me feeling sticky or greasy, but it does seriously hydrate and soothe any dry patches. 

Self-love is not always easy– but taking the time to care for ourselves and observe our bodies without criticism can make an enormous difference in the way we feel and shift how we see ourselves over time. Keys Soulcare makes it easy to combine beauty and self-care, and that is an important stance for a beauty brand to take. You can begin your own beauty ritual with the new additions and shop the entire Soulcare line on the brand’s website and at Ulta.

Emily Day

Temple '21

Emily is a senior journalism major and political science minor at Temple University. She is also a licensed esthetician and makeup artist, and lover of beauty, film, and art.