This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Have a crush, but no songs to express how you feel? Well, do I have the playlist for you. Keep reading for some songs that are sure to make you fall in love.

1. Crush – Danny Knutelsky

It’s dreamy, it’s danceable, and it’s full of scream-from-the-top-of-your-lungs longing. All of the key ingredients needed to make the perfect crush song. Plus, it’s literally called “Crush.”

1. Striptease – Carwash

This song feels very nostalgic, which makes it the perfect song to lay on your bed and replay a butterfly-inducing moment between you and your crush. 

1. Kissy Kissy – Isaac Dunbar

Its sweet, acoustic sound emulates the pure innocence of having a crush on someone. 10/10, chef’s kiss(y) (kissy).

1. Love to Dream – Doja Cat

Perfect if you “love to dream”… or daydream. This is quite literally a dreamy song that makes you feel like you are floating in space or up in the clouds, kind of like how you may feel when you develop a crush. 

1. Swing Lynn – Harmless

When you have a crush on someone, it can feel really bittersweet. You feel all of these very positive emotions, but with an added sense of yearning. I feel as though this song really captures both of these emotions: the positivity within the upbeat tempo, and the longing within the haunting melody.

1. Na Na Na – One Direction

You know I had to throw AT LEAST one 1D song in here. While this song details an on-and-off relationship, it can also relate to the ups and downs of having a crush. There can be so many mixed feelings, and so much confusion. Despite the frustration within the lyrics, this song is quite danceable and has a happy sound.

1. Helium – Glass Animals

This song represents how love and relationships are ever-changing. To me, I feel as though the lyrics can relate to both unexpected and unrequited love. The lyric, “I guess I want you more than I thought I did” really drives home the feelings that come up when you start to really like someone in ways you did not expect.

1. Maybe You’re the Reason -The Japanese House

If you want songs full of wistful longing, The Japanese House is just for you. The lyrics point at how crushes can sweep you off of your feet and turn your whole life around. This is definitely the song for hopeless romantics searching for their soulmate.

1. Wildest Dreams – Taylor Swift

It’s dreamy, it’s nostalgic, and it’s heartbreaking. This is the song you listen to when you know someone isn’t good for you, and you know it won’t last, but just being around them is like a waterfall of dopamine, despite your time together being finite. 

1.  Dreams Tonite – Alvvays

One of my personal favorites. This is one of those songs that is dreamy from beginning to end. The lyric, “If I saw you on the street, would I have you in my dreams tonight?” could definitely be a nod to all of those beautiful strangers you’ve ever fallen in love with in public. 

1. In My Mind – Lyn Lapid

A soulful and whimsical song that can relate to the frustrations of never vocalizing your feelings, and instead keeping every thought and every romantic scenario inside your head.

1. Karma – Sarah Kinsley

This song gives me the vibe of two people who may be hesitant about falling in love, but one person is so sure about their feelings, even if there’s a chance the relationship may not work out in the end. It is definitely a song for star-crossed lovers, right people at the wrong time, and crushes who are totally wrong for you.

1. Overdrive – Conan Gray

The perfect song for a weekend love story. Maybe you met someone at a party and you weren’t expecting to crush on them as hard as you are right now. This song is all about being spontaneous and living in the moment with intense, energetic feeling.

1. Just Like Heaven – The Cure

You know I had to throw at least one oldie in here. Having a crush can feel, well, “Just Like Heaven.” This song makes you want to dance to the beat of your heart with its dreamy synth and fast-paced guitar chords.

1. Crush – David Archuleta 

If you have never screamed your heart out to this song– where have you been, and also, what’s your secret? Another song literally titled “Crush.” It has an extremely catchy beat that’ll live rent-free in your mind as much as your crush does.

1.  Kill the Director – The Wombats

Yes, this song was super trendy on TikTok– but who can blame ‘em? It’s got an upbeat, pop/punk sound that captures the feelings of not wanting to fall in love and the hesitancy that comes with having a crush. 

1. Make You Mine – PUBLIC

A crush-worthy song that is all about winning someone over by showing how much you really care about them. It is a sweet song full of longing and wholesome love. Yet another dreamy love song.

1.  Ivy – Frank Ocean

This is a song full of innocence and nostalgia. It is a look back at the simpler times with a light melody and sweet yet honest lyrics. Definitely a song to reminisce about your love life.

1. Be My Baby – The Ronettes

An oldie, but a goodie. This is the classic song you dance to in your room, kick your legs up in the air, and then dreamily fall onto your bed with a large sigh. How could you not want to get up, dance, and loudly profess your love to this song?

1. Can I Call You Tonight? – Dayglow

Finally, we wrap up our list with this popular track. It makes you want to get up and dance. Maybe it’ll even make you want to call your crush if you’re bold enough. 

I hope you enjoy these twenty crush-worthy songs that will hopefully give you as many butterflies in your stomach as they do for me.

Brynne is a senior Advertising major at Temple University concentrating in Copywriting and Art Direction. She is interested in all things fashion, music, romance, and art. When she is not writing for Her Campus, you can find Brynne creating her billionth Spotify playlist, frequenting the nearest spot selling iced coffee and bagels and lox, or online shopping.