Thanksgiving Will Always Be The Best Holiday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

I fell in love with Thanksgiving as a child. My school gave me a mini-break from homework and classes but it also gave us a chance to celebrate this holiday.

From elementary school to middle school, my school district gave students two days off for Thanksgiving for a four-day weekend. During, those four days I would hang out with my friends and family. My family and I went to a Thanksgiving party every year hosted by our family friend.

Four other families from my neighborhood came to the party and it will always be the five of us celebrating together. It’s a Thanksgiving tradition we have in our neighborhood. We played games, watch movies, and talk about different things until it was time for dinner.

Dinner is the best part of every holiday because of all the delicious food you can eat. It’s the main reason why this holiday is my favorite. There are so many varieties of amazing food anyone can eat, such as mash potatoes my personal favorite, pumpkin pie, sweet potato casserole, golden brown turkey with stuffing and gravy, cranberry sauce, and more.

I’m like the Joey Tribbiani of Thanksgiving. If I’m given a chance to eat a whole turkey, I will eat it and I’m serious. Thanksgiving food is life and it makes me happy.

Families tend to go all out with food which means you can have scrumptious leftovers the next day. Who doesn’t like Thanksgiving related food? I know I do and I don’t care what people think because I love my mashed potatoes and turkey and that’s all I need.

After we had our meal, we waited for an hour or two to digest then we’d go Black Friday shopping. It’s nice staying up all night buying cute clothes for cheap prices.

While these are my specialties, I believe everyone from different races and religions can celebrate this holiday because it’s a day for everyone to bond.

This is how I will always try to celebrate Thanksgiving every year and I absolutely wouldn’t change one thing about it.

I study journalism at Temple University. I’m desi and the happiest person anyone could ever meet. I love writing, reading, and dancing.
Temple University, 2019. Magazine journalist and editor, fitness instructor, health and wellness enthusiast. Proponent of lists, Jesus, and the Oxford comma. Will do anything for an iced oatmilk latte. Follow my journey: Twitter + Instagram: @sarah_madaus