Temple University’s Reputation Grows with ‘Temple Made’ Campaign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

The “Temple Made” campaign has made an impression amongst the students of Temple University, and is expanding beyond that.

From social media to apparel, students everywhere have shared their Temple pride with this new campaign slogan. Twitter hashtags of newly accepted students happily proclaim their commitment to Temple and students across campus sport the bold “Temple Made” label on sweatshirts.

This campaign is one of the many things that promote Temple’s proud, thriving student body.

The numbers behind the Temple student body speak for itself.

Last spring, applications to the University of Pennsylvania dropped by 1.7 percent while Temple received the highest amount of applications in the history of the university. Temple’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions states that over 22,000 students applied for a spot as one of the 4,300 freshmen in the class of 2017. Temple has received applications from all across the country and globe, with prospective students being from 46 different countries and this past year saw a 39 percent increase in international students.

Nearly 890 students of the class of 2017 are from the city of Philadelphia, in which Temple has been advertised heavily. Temple is leaving its mark on the city of Philadelphia, with banners and Temple signs spread throughout all parts of the city. These strategic off-campus advertisements are successfully strengthening Temple’s prestige.

“I saw an advertisement banner in Center City the other day that said, “Temple is Philadelphia’s public university,” says Miranda Greenberg, Temple journalism major.  “I thought that was interesting. Temple is definitely becoming more known throughout the city.”

The advertisements — accompanied with Temple’s reputation for increasingly more intelligent applicants — have helped the school’s prestige more and more each year.

With more than 41,000 prospective students for next year, admissions-related visitors have increased by 50 percent since 2006. Students are drawn from all over, curious to see what it’s like to be “Temple Made.”

Temple’s location, quality education and affordable price are all factors that justify “Temple Made” as a meaningful and successful slogan. Students that attend Temple University have the ability to get a comparatively inexpensive, excellent education while having access to Philadelphia and all of the opportunites it has to offer.

“Temple Made” has become a well-known mantra that promotes the notion that Temple students are driven and passionate. Temple has drawn students from all over with the GPAs to support this notion, and will continue to attract those who are ready to challenge themselves and become Temple Made.

Although I hail from Connecticut, I live in Philadelphia and I am studying journalism at Temple University. I aspire to someday be a political correspondent, and I also enjoy creative writing.
Jennifer Nguyen is a senior journalism student at Temple. She has been a part of Her Campus Temple since its formation in 2010 and being a part of HCTU has been one of the best things she has ever done. She aspires to be a magazine writer in New York after graduation. Jennifer is passionate about learning more about the world around her and hopes to travel the world one day. As a journalist, she strives to share the stories of people whose voices need to be heard. In her spare time, she loves reading French literature, learning languages and watching Bravo reality TV shows.