This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Just because chilly weather is here, doesn’t mean you can’t still look cute at the tailgate. Fall is a good in-between, where heavy jackets aren’t very necessary, and you can still get away with a crop top accompanied by a jacket…unless we get hit with some crazy weather, which wouldn’t be a surprise considering it has snowed here in October in the past. Putting weird Philly weather aside, here’s some outfit inspiration and a DIY tip for cute, trendy, and weather-appropriate tailgate outfits!

Classic leggings with a Temple-Tee

You can’t go wrong with a simple pair of leggings, a t-shirt, and a jean jacket. This lace up Temple-tee is from the bookstore and you can spice it up even more with tying a knot at the bottom. Along with these unique Temple leggings from The Hanger Boutique in Bucks County, PA. Any plain black or even cherry leggings would look great as well.  Finish it off with some sneakers and a distressed jean jacket!

Comfy Cozy

The last thing you want is to be cold and uncomfortable at a tailgate, so why not look cute, comfortable, and stay warm at the same time! Joggers are a great comfortable option, not to mention they keep you warm during those chilly fall days. These joggers are from The Hanger Boutique as well, featuring unique Temple stickers ironed on. Pairing the joggers with any shirt of your choice, here we have a tank from the bookstore tied it in a knot to make it my own. Jean jacket and sneakers to tie everything together and you are ready for game day!

Denim-on-denim, Plus DIY Tips!

Denim on denim is back and I am loving it! It is a simple go-to outfit even for a tailgate! This crop top was made using iron-on transfer sheets, putting an image onto any shirt. Another DIY tip is taking any Temple sweatshirt and cutting it to be cropped, a quick and simple way to give a plain sweatshirt a little something extra. Not to mention, it would look great with jeans and a jean jacket or the sweatshirt alone!

Now that you have the style inspo and DIY tips, you’re set for fall tailgates! P.S. Don’t forget those sneakers you don’t mind getting dirty!