This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Let’s start being ethical about our jewelry…

Sustainability has become a huge interest in the fashion industry, it is extremely important to promote sustainable brands for the environment. There are so many trendy options for sustainable jewelry that are simple and can elevate your style while being fashion-forward and environmentally friendly. As the holidays are quickly approaching, maybe sustainable jewelry will make it on the list. There are many chic options and the popularity surrounding eco-friendly jewelry is continuing to grow!

Get in on the trend, play a small part in saving the environment…

Sustainable Jewelry in Philadelphia to try- 

-Bario Neal Jewelry

-Moon + Arrow

-Brilliant Earth

-L. Priori Jewelry

-Concrete Polish

Not only does buying sustainable jewelry help the planet but the variations in the jewelry fit in with the looks that are making continuous appearances on social platforms. The message about sustainability is finally becoming an urgency and the elements incorporated into the sustainable jewelry itself such as stones and crystals are currently favored and a stylish incorporation to everyday looks. Supporting sustainable brands is extremely important and the reason it is not enforced more is because of the dominance fast fashion has making it extremely easy to keep up with the quick-changing trends. But, jewelry is a really great way to get involved in sustainable fashion, as many of the pieces are more accessible and have easier availability. Becoming aware of sustainable jewelry around you could make you feel fulfilled as having a socially responsible role in a small way that has the potential to make a big difference. Oftentimes the materials utilized have an interesting origin story, I have gained interest in where the products are from in the fashion that I invest in, jewelers craftsmanship is quite intriguing and where it has been produced contains something unique about the hand made aspects of sustainable jewelry that makes it more special. There are great stories for the pieces that you get and it creates a more personalized feeling creating a meaningful purpose for the jewelry itself. Sustainable jewelry has the power to connect people and has a lasting value. This is only some of the reasons that you should contribute to the sustainable jewelry trend. 

Sustainable Jewelry recognized in high fashion-

-Akola

-Alighieri

-Washed Ashore

-Poppy Finch

-Laura Lombardi

Becoming more transparent about the materials utilized today has become a big deal in the fashion industry and although many small businesses are pushing out sustainable products larger fashion companies are contributing to the trend as well. Not only have we seen sustainable growth but the vintage trends growing have also played a part in sustainable jewelry getting more attention. So, maybe your next jewelry purchase will also be a sustainable purchase!

Alice is a staff writer for HerCampus at Temple University. She is an advertising major, has an adventurous soul, and is always up for exploration. The fashion world excites her and she has a huge passion for traveling. She loves meeting new people and is always looking to embrace new cultures. Alice wears her heart on her sleeve, dives into new things headfirst with a smile so don't hesitate to reach out especially if you want to talk fashion!